Napoli (A) Post Match Thread

Thoroughly enjoyed it. A real game against opponents that wanted to play the game in the right way; probably the best we’ve faced so far. Stones was excellent but for me Delph was absolutely superb and never put a foot wrong when under pressure. It was great for Agüero’s record breaking goal to be a match winner in a big match rather than an easy one when we’re having a stroll. It’s a shame that most weren’t there to see it live but fucking brilliant for those of us that were. It was one of those “I was there” matches that will always be remembered.

On a slightly negative note, one thing that amazes me is that there’s still people who won’t give Sterling credit. Miserable twat behind me was slagging him off every time he touched the ball and looked thoroughly pissed off when he scored. We don’t need fans like that and he doesn’t deserve a team like ours.

Didn't realise you were a hard core away fan - fair play to you. Agree re Sterling - he was excellent.

We should ask Napoli how much they want for Ghoulam and pay it immediately. Guy was brutally murdering us before going off injured. Imagine rotating Mendy, Ghoulam, Walker and Maffeo next season...

What a full back he is. Was causing us all kinds of problems until he went off. We should bang a bid in, in January as they will want some money for him rather than see him leave on a free.

Although I agree mate, I'd certainly not say we were in control in that first 20, we were getting obliterated and couldn't keep the ball whatsoever, but as I said to my lad, we just needed to keep it at 1 goal and they would run out of steam pretty quick, and thank fuck they did!

Nono defo not in control, we kept our shape and did not shit ourselves. If we lost one of those (nerves/positional sense), we could have been sunk come half time.

Didn't realise you were a hard core away fan - fair play to you. Agree re Sterling - he was excellent.
Dunno about hard core. I try and get to one or two European aways each season. Always great trips and this was no exception in spite of Naples being a shithole.

Commentator during the game at 1-1 or 2-2, 'This is not how it was done in my time. Man City you only need a draw to go through'. During the pre-match press conference, a British journalist said something similar about potentially going to Napoli for a draw. Pep responded telling him his question was ridiculous as you play a game of football to win. That winning mentality is what Pep has instilled in the players. That and wanting to actually play football and not just sitting back with 2 banks of 4. Thoroughly enjoyed the game. Uncle who is Arsenal supporter couldn't stop himself celebrating the Aguero goal because of the Sané run. Stones is looking awesome as well as a lot of other players. Long may it continue. City are so breathtaking to watch at the moment it's hard to fathom at times. Blue moon...

Whoever that person is who slagged off Sterling is an idiot.
Sterling has had some difficulties in the past but he has improved immensely since Pep let him express himself.
Anyone who can find something to fault at City cannot be a true supporter and should find somewhere else to go and moan.
It was an outstanding performance last night and I wish that I could have been there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.