Sergio Aguero - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure how one could conclude a player who is scoring for his club yet cannot for his country when provided plenty of service & opportunities in high pressure situations means it's down to ability rather than bottle. I have never questioned his ability. It's actually the one thing I was curious to see with him under Pep because Guardiola is not patient with a goalscorer who can't be relied on in the biggest matches. I thought, if anyone is going to get the best out of the player (Whether it's workrate, discpline etc.), it'd be Pep

I would also have to say that had Jesus not gotten injured, Aguero would've seen even less time. Don't forget, this is the same coach who rightly put Yaya in the dog house and shipped Hart out yet many were very critical of these moves - now just a year later, no one would even question it. The sample of matches used would need to be scrutinised and the setting because the pattern I have seen from the player since he was at Atletico is that when the pressure was on, he did not deliver consistently. For me, that's the lack of bottle. I am not intimating he is poor or not a class striker, but the profile of a player for Pep is one that becomes accustomed to ultimately being ruthlessly clinical else even Zlatan wouldn't have been ultimately benched either

There was a moment, I'd have to go back to the matches to be specific on the timing, against Monaco where the look on Guardiola's face said it all for me and I believe even in the RedCafe I suggested Aguero was done at City. That undoubtedly Pep would look to upgrade the position in summer, which he unsuccessfully attempted. Things are rolling now so that may not still be the case but when you look at the player's career for both NT & club, I am not convinced that he has somehow turned a magical corner. I think he will still score plenty of goals but will he be counted on when they need a goal in a big match where it is tight? On the NT level, he's already shown he doesn't have the bottle and that has been the case regardless of the tactical setup or coach - not forgetting that Argentina & the AFA is generally a mess

I'm not sure QPR will ever be able to be considered a big match - it is memorable no doubt for the circumstances and the title that came as a result of it, exciting season finale no question but evidence of bottle against a team that just avoided relegation and was a man down? We have different definitions about what constitutes bottle

I'm not sure QPR will ever be able to be considered a big match - it is memorable no doubt for the circumstances and the title that came as a result of it, exciting season finale no question but evidence of bottle against a team that just avoided relegation and was a man down? We have different definitions about what constitutes bottle
Bayern?

lol, the probable last attempt of the season, not game mind you but entire season on the end of his foot and that does not require bottle? It could have been against Hazel Grove FC and it would still have required what i and every other living being considers bottle to start and finish the move.

You are very easily not giving consideration to circumstance also here.

lol, the probable last attempt of the season, not game mind you but entire season on the end of his foot and that does not require bottle? It could have been against Hazel Grove FC and it would still have required what i and every other living being considers bottle to start and finish the move.

You are very easily not giving consideration to circumstance also here.
Exactly,anyone who had the fortune to be in the ground on that fantastic day will tell you what an incredibly tense and pressured atmosphere it was.To possess the composure that Aguero displayed when he controlled that ball,held off opponents,and slammed it in the back of their net,took enormous bottle.

Lol @FCBarca and your transparency.

I should also note we tend to finish seasons strongly. We fuck it up way earlier than bottle time. This is diametrically opposed to your spurious assertions. We have failed to live up to expectation before, not done super well then bottled it.

Possibly so, although that's difficult to evaluate, seeing as you haven't had the bottle to answer the question I posed last night as to what your definition of 'bottle' was.

I would be interested to this chest of revealed truths also, or even basic reasoning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.