Arsenal (h) pre-match thread

City v Arsenal prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Find it amazing that some people have voted that we will lose.
I think a some of it is superstition - if you predict a loss, we've more chance of winning, and some is preparing for the worst so they'll be happy if they're wrong. Clearly, the most likely result based on current form is for us to win, but there's a lot of randomness in football, and it's certainly possible that we could draw or lose. It's probably not far off throwing a dice and we lose with a 1, draw with a 2, and win with a 3-6. So we're probably going to win, but we might not...

Edit: just looked up the odds on SkyBet and it's almost exactly what I suggested above: 17/35 to win (4.04 out of 6), 43/10 to draw (1.13 out of 6), and 61/10 to lose (0.85 out of 6).

Strangely, the probabilities add up to 1.00, whereas they normally add up to 1.07 or so, to give the bookie an advantage.

Last edited:
+ 1.

We’ve been in imperious form of late but somethings got to give. We haven’t got a great record against the arse so i’m fearing the worst. All of our league games apart from the Everton game have been on a Saturday. Walcott to score at some point..

I think United will win at Chelsea, Conte’s lost the players...

Hope i’m proved wrong...

Regardless of our result, United should not win at Chelsea. They'll be right back in it if that happens.

I am nervous about this as I am for every game but Arsenal do seem to lift their game when they come up against us and do have quality players to hurt us. Saying that though, I don't see how they will shackle Silva and Kev in the midfield, I think we can easily expose them defensively and it's up to us to give them revenge for the FA Cup semi final that we should have won. Defensively we are much more solid than last year, we are playing with tons of confidence and our team chemistry currently on and off the pitch is better than ever, we haven't lost since the semi final and we haven't lost at home since the Chelsea debacle last season. Let's be honest, we are a much better team than Arsenal so today I want us to expose them for the weak, inept team they can be and increase the pressure on United and Chelsea ahead of their game. I'm interested to see if Wenger will go to attack us or try and stop us like he did Chelsea earlier this season. Either way, an early goal would be ideal to open them up and destroy their confidence early doors. I think we will win but it will be nervy, this is City after all and Arsenal's team has had a whole week to rest and we have had a tricky UCL away tie so they will be fresher than us but we are a young, energetic team full of confidence compared to the old, slow outfit of recent seasons and our quality should shine through ultimately.

I think a some of it is superstition - if you predict a loss, we've more chance of winning, and some is preparing for the worst so they'll be happy if they're wrong. Clearly, the most likely result based on current form is for us to win, but there's a lot of randomness in football, and it's certainly possible that we could draw or lose. It's probably not far off throwing a dice and we lose with a 1, draw with a 2, and win with a 3-6. So we're probably going to win, but we might not...

Edit: just looked up the odds on SkyBet and it's almost exactly what I suggested above: 17/35 to win (4.04 out of 6), 43/10 to draw (1.13 out of 6), and 61/10 to lose (0.85 out of 6).

Strangely, the probabilities add up to 1.00, whereas they normally add up to 1.07 or so, to give the bookie an advantage.

If the odds /probabilities sum to under 1 you can bet in reverse proportion using lagranges theorem of lagrange multipliers as some coin it and win no matter the outcome ( unless its abandoned of course ).

This bookie is cutting it fine (LOL).

I don't know about the happy bit about predicting a loss and us losing.

I am never happy when we lose even if I won money on it , its very hollow.

Same again tonight play to our strengths and keep them at bay and all will be ok.

We have to lose sometime and we hope its not tonight but if it is lets hope Chelsea get something as a 4 point lead at this juncture I am sure we all would have taken.

I would like another clean sheet and a 1-0 win will do us very nicely and any greater margain a bonus.

I didn't realise our recent record against Arsenal was as bad as it is (one win in the last nine). They'll be fresher than us having rested their entire first XI midweek, but we should still have too much for them. It'll be one of our toughest games so far I think, but we're a superior side in virtually every department. How many of their players would get into our starting XI?

If we turn up we win its that simple, us at our best are miles better than arsenal at their best, cum on city!!

If we turn up we win its that simple, us at our best are miles better than arsenal at their best, cum on city!!

Kinky.
s_3425_2005_1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.