Arsenal (H) Post Match Thread

Not sure what I want MOTD to show:
If the penalty and goal were kosher then we deserved the win without any shadow of a doubt. But if they were dodgy then the Tarquins tantrums will be hilarious.
I'm guessing the third was dodgy as they only showed it from behind in the stadium.
KDB took his goal brilliantly but Dave MOTM for me.
City were very wasteful today, Arsenal can thank their luck that they weren't on the end of a thouroughly good thrashing.
City were in 2nd gear for most of the game and still cut thru Arsenal like butter on numerous occasions

Straightforward win.
City were very sloppy on the breakaway today but still would have easily beaten Arsenal but for Cech.KDB put us ahead with a shot from a beautiful move and we should have had a pen when Sterling was blatently fouled in the first half and three or four counter attacks should have racked up the scoreline.
Early in the second Sterling won a pen - definately a pen but suprised it was given as we rarely get that type of pen - players can go through the back of Sterling, Aguero or Sane without sanction. Still the ref probably made up for the first half non-pen by giving it.
Lots of great pressing and passing should have got us more goals but either Cech or a poor final pass prevented us going further ahead. Then a very sloppy bit of defending by our midfield led to the Arsenal goal.
Still Typical City is not what it was and City defended well and continued to press well and counter attacked well. Finally we got a third and put the game to bed. I have to say I thought it was offside but it was level according to my TV viewing daughter - I await to check the highlights later.
Game over and City could have got a 4th.
Interestingly I've been waiting for a team to try and overload on Fernandinho like Arsenal did today but the passing by the defence to break the press was exceptional and for that reason Fernandinho or Stones gets my MOTM award.

Someone at the club or sterling himself should bloody complain about wengers comments about sterling always diving. It's slander and he shouldn't get away with it. Or is that just childish thinking? Should we just take it with a pinch of salt seems we won the match and are sitting pretty at the top of the table?

Someone at the club or sterling himself should bloody complain about wengers comments about sterling always diving. It's slander and he shouldn't get away with it. Or is that just childish thinking? Should we just take it with a pinch of salt seems we won the match and are sitting pretty at the top of the table?
Conveniently forgetting about Pires. Wenger embraced divers.
So to call out Sterling for a nailed on pen, is a bit rich.
Great play by Sterling, give him no option but to bring him down.

It must be killing the BBC & Sly Sports that we are doing so well and their darling rags getting beat. They won’t focus on our record breaking destruction of Arse.
Sweeter!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.