Arsenal (H) Post Match Thread

We looked tired, we were a bit sloppy especially at key moments and out two centre halves were too far apart too often yesterday.

Other than that we bossed the game and still won quite easily against a top6 side.

Imagine when we’re fresh and playing well...

Was it though? I've freeze-framed it at the point I think Fernandinho actually touches the ball for the pass to Silva and it suggests he's level:

Ctfnq7i.jpg
...and in fairness to the linesman he is in exactly the right position and looking across the pitch. After countless replays my opinion has moved from “miles” to “just” off. The Lino doesn’t have that luxury and in addition has to watch two things - when the pass is played and, Silva’s position at that moment. Mistkes, if indeed it was, will happen. I’m not even sure VAR would resolve ones that tight since it still comes down to human perception.

You hear it often but we have to say it really is ours to lose now. I love how we take it one game at a time with a nod maybe to the match ahead. Just keep at it and one day there are no more games and some chap is handing your captain trophies. Obviously that is not something tangible but that is the feeling i get from the squad, how we play, how they talk etc.

I was interested to hear Napoli's match report and alas they got a draw away 0-0 against Chievo and from reports were totally knackered so could not deliver the killer blow. I look at us then doing the next best footballing team, well supposedly, in the league and the perspective is pretty damn good hehe.

Here is Napoli's match report if your interested boss...

http://napolifootball.com/2017/11/05/chievo-0-0-napoli-match-reaction-player-ratings/

That's a good read. Cheers.

I thought Sanchez played well today & rarely lost the ball. He wasn't able to effect the result, but that was more about City than how he played imo.

If we do get him, he'll be a welcome addition to an already impressive squad.

Disagree m8. Thought he was very wasteful at times and wasn't overly impressed with his piss poor attitude, sulking around and throwing his arms about.

He's not a direct replacement for anyone, but he brings as much quality to the team as pretty much anyone bar KDB imo.

He's a direct replacement for KDB, they're just slightly different styles of player. Both carry the ball forwards quickly, KDB tends to do this by passing forwards, Gundogan takes it himself and is a better dribbler.

We haven't seen the real Gundogan yet, it's there, he's shown he's still got the burst of pace to beat a man despite the injuries, he just needs more game time to get swinging, and at that point he'll be just as good as KDB & Silva, while offering something slightly different. At that point we will have a midfield only rivalled by Madrid's Casemiro/Mordic/Kroos/Isco.

I've said it before but this team is only going to get better, Gundogan and Bernardo haven't come in to form yet, Jesus has been a little quiet recently, and Kompany will come back.

Was it though? I've freeze-framed it at the point I think Fernandinho actually touches the ball for the pass to Silva and it suggests he's level:

Ctfnq7i.jpg

And don't the rules say the benefit of doubt goes to the attacking player? In which case the lino (sorry; assistant ref) got it bang on.

He's a direct replacement for KDB, they're just slightly different styles of player. Both carry the ball forwards quickly, KDB tends to do this by passing forwards, Gundogan takes it himself and is a better dribbler.

We haven't seen the real Gundogan yet, it's there, he's shown he's still got the burst of pace to beat a man despite the injuries, he just needs more game time to get swinging, and at that point he'll be just as good as KDB & Silva, while offering something slightly different. At that point we will have a midfield only rivalled by Madrid's Casemiro/Mordic/Kroos/Isco.

I've said it before but this team is only going to get better, Gundogan and Bernardo haven't come in to form yet, Jesus has been a little quiet recently, and Kompany will come back.
Don't forget Mendy will add another dimension in attack when he finally comes back. It's amazing to think there's potentially much more to come from this City team who have already been amazing so far.

Even on that still frame, Silva's leg is closer to the Arsenal goal, so he's offside. There are clearer images which show it.

But we can see the lino, trying to figure out the exact position of the Arse defender behind Silva (& being in completely the wrong position to do so).

No way he can give offside unless he decides to favour the defending team, which is what they usually do in our games tbf.

Disagree m8. Thought he was very wasteful at times and wasn't overly impressed with his piss poor attitude, sulking around and throwing his arms about.
Yep, and yet some folk here think he’d be the signing of the season. Not for me. This team really want to play for each other. Why risk it with a potentially disruptive character?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.