Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Arsenal had been playing well he'd have 're signed by now. If he doesn't I will be first to admit I was wrong.

Don't get giddy just yet.

If we still want him, which I’m sure we still do, then Sanchez will 100% be a City player come the end of January.
There is no way in a million years he extends his contract with Arsenal.
Sanchez wants City & Arsenal won’t want to let him go for nowt in the summer.

He worked very hard as he always does, but we don't need him.

We have 5 forwards and Foden and Diaz. If Sanchez comes in, then we halt the development of our own players
Sanchez can play wide or central. How much longer can we continue to play the same team across 3/4 competitions without risking burnout or fatigue injuries.

Sanchez proved yesterday why he'd be a brilliant addition to us. We had 3 players surrounding him at one point & he managed to wriggle past all of them to lay off a good pass & set up an Arsenal attack.

Foden & Diaz are young & need to be introduced gradually, & training/playing alongside the likes of the Silva's, KDB & possibly Sanchez will do them the world of good.

As it stands, without Sterling &/or Sane, we will again have to change how we play, just as we did when we lost Mendy. However if we were without all 3, we'd struggle. Sanchez gives us options mate.

If Arsenal had been playing well he'd have 're signed by now. If he doesn't I will be first to admit I was wrong.

Don't get giddy just yet.
Sanchez has made it very clear he won't extend his contract. Even if we don't sign him, there will be a queue for his signature including Bayern, Juventus, PSG & ManUre.

Everything I've seen & heard recently suggests he'll be at Arsenal no longer than May 2018.

Sanchez can play wide or central. How much longer can we continue to play the same team across 3/4 competitions without risking burnout or fatigue injuries.

Sanchez proved yesterday why he'd be a brilliant addition to us. We had 3 players surrounding him at one point & he managed to wriggle past all of them to lay off a good pass & set up an Arsenal attack.

Foden & Diaz are young & need to be introduced gradually, & training/playing alongside the likes of the Silva's, KDB & possibly Sanchez will do them the world of good.

As it stands, without Sterling &/or Sane, we will again have to change how we play, just as we did when we lost Mendy. However if we were without all 3, we'd struggle. Sanchez gives us options mate.
We wont be signing Sanchez on a 6 month contract so you have to think ahead and how Foden and Diaz can fit in

yesterday Jesus and Bernardo were on the bench.

He has 1 goal to his name in the league. Just how effective is he in the final third? At what will be 29, and given his past reliance on basic speed, his current season has more relevance than the last.

Guardiola may have some loyalty towards Sanchez, but his first obligation is towards the existing squad and the interests of MCFC, therefore I think he'll change his mind and trust in what he has

I'm very much in this school of thought.

He gives us a strong option to rest up key attacking players, and given we are looking at something like a 70 game season, we do run a high risk of fatigue, injury and burn-out.

It's about what his signing does mentally for our opponents.

Sane and Sterling can't and won't be relied upon for much longer, both are neglecting some fundamentals which only come with the youth and rawness they possess.

We are not playing under pressure at present, which is when players and personalities such as Sanchez will be needed, outside of injuries to Kun or Jesus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.