Record players

Eh?

For a turntable to work in an amp The amp has to have a phono stage to equalise the signal from the stylus

Cheap shit turntables have inbuilt Phonos.

Your TT will work with any old amp.

In fact it’s better than most now sold under £250.

Eh?

For a turntable to work in an amp The amp has to have a phono stage to equalise the signal from the stylus

In fact it’s better than most now sold under £250.

I don't have a digital amp. I have an old Dennon 25w reciever and a pair of B&W speakers.
I was asking him what kind of turntable he was looking for. I was under the impression that my turntable won't work with the new digital amps.

Edit. I just read up on phono pre amps.

Last edited:
Eh?

For a turntable to work in an amp The amp hasn’t to have a phono stage to equalise the signal from the stylus

Without getting too deep, any turntable requires RIAA equalisation (phono stage) to faithfully reproduce the sound of vinyl. It also depends on what cartridge also (moving magnet or moving coil MM/MC).

A phono stage can be built in (cheap op-amp based circuit), or a mega expensive discrete component hifi separate. I use one of these on my TT:

https://www.thomann.de/gb/behringer...MIzu2s-v-q1wIVYjPTCh1ppwdvEAQYASABEgJoLPD_BwE

Yes I know.
I was trying to keep it simple.

I personally run a !inn Lp12 powered by a Naim Armageddon, Naim Aro, Lyra Lydian Beta cartridge, Naim Prefix phono powered by a Naim HiCap and that’s just the turntable...

Mid-range players from Pro-ject or Rega will give you brilliant sound for the money spent. Are you willing to spend a little more I can recommend a German brand Clearaudio which I do have myself. Top notch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.