Liverpool thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me or is there a core of jealousy and hatred for other clubs that runs through Liverpool FC as a whole now? I remember when they dominated football here and in Europe. I loved watching them play. The club went about winning with dignity and were respected for it. Graeme Souness was my favourite player at the time. I even remember the whole of Maine Rd singing "YNWA" the week after Hillsborough. Even under Rafa I wanted them to do well and take the title from the rags.

Now it seems as though a different mentality of bitterness has set in. They seem to hate all.

Maybe it's just me.
When we were shit I cheered on anything or anyone that could damage them, times have changed and the rest of the old Sly 4, the blue Scousers and spuds can fuck off.

That deserves a "Thumbs Up"

So because it wasn't outside the stadium it wasn't liverfool fans then?

You know what I'm saying, if a bus got attacked in Hulme, would you say that was City fans, or would you say it was a gang of dickheads?

People waiting for it all to go wrong is from having suffered a lifetime of false dawns. At the moment it is difficult to relate what is being played on the pitch with Man City, having suffered so much dross over the years it does not sit comfortably with some people that we might actually be good and the level of performance may last to the end of the season.

I get that, because we have the opposite problem. I still expect Liverpool to win the League and the Champions League, despite the fact we are obviously not good enough. It's why we get called deluded or living in the past, because no matter how shit the team, we think we are the best and that it will all turn around. The day we as fans stop believing and expecting, is when the game is up. We have to maintain that mentality of winners to keep the club on their toes.

I get that, because we have the opposite problem. I still expect Liverpool to win the League and the Champions League, despite the fact we are obviously not good enough. It's why we get called deluded or living in the past, because no matter how shit the team, we think we are the best and that it will all turn around. The day we as fans stop believing and expecting, is when the game is up. We have to maintain that mentality of winners to keep the club on their toes.

This is a refreshing honest post.

The problem is that as each year passes and Liverpool Football Club slip further and further down the food chain, your (ludicrous) optimism looks more and more silly (and annoying).

This is a refreshing honest post.

The problem is that as each year passes and Liverpool Football Club slip further and further down the food chain, your (ludicrous) optimism looks more and more silly (and annoying).

You know what, if we had won the bastard thing in 2014, ( yeah I know we won it in April) I would have happily turned in my season ticket and walked away. So I have to maintain that optimism and belief until, please God, someone wins it for us!!!

You know what, if we had won the bastard thing in 2014, ( yeah I know we won it in April) I would have happily turned in my season ticket and walked away. So I have to maintain that optimism and belief until, please God, someone wins it for us!!!

Hehe; fair play.
Probably not this year though...;)

Your term shit and ours differ. Your team will play for champs league qualification and lose a couple off cup finals. You will think that's shit!
We were down with nothing, still never thought our team was shit and never thought of giving up on The Blues.

Spoilt brats as fans!
Selling club and are in decline, yes you need a few players for a good team still no squad though.
The best players will be picked off quicker than you can buy replacements.
If you cannot see it now.wait till Newcastle are bought out and that's another place own the pecking order.

That’s fair enough.
All we have as fans is hope. I “hope” we win the quadruple this season!!! When we were shit, but still in the prem, I hoped we would win the league cup! Would’ve left me satisfied as a city fan to see them lift anything .. something !!
And as we dropped down each division I hoped we’d win that league.
As you say , the minute that hope goes, whatever that hope is, it’s time to save your money and do something else on a Saturday afternoon.

We're not grumpy, but we have so many wum's coming on here and starting off all friendly, bit of banter etc, but they inevitably start having digs and the mods end up kicking them out. So it's not that we're a miserable bunch, just a touch cynical when fans from other clubs turn up on here.

Yeah fair enough.But I wasn't saying anything out of line or controversial.Also it's not like I am a Man Utd fan.I came in peace.
Anyway have I passed the intial test?

Your term shit and ours differ. Your team will play for champs league qualification and lose a couple off cup finals. You will think that's shit!
We were down with nothing, still never thought our team was shit and never thought of giving up on The Blues.

Spoilt brats as fans!
Selling club and are in decline, yes you need a few players for a good team still no squad though.
The best players will be picked off quicker than you can buy replacements.
If you cannot see it now.wait till Newcastle are bought out and that's another place own the pecking order.

Most Pool fans don't think theyw ill win the league.Obvoiusly they would love it to happen but most would agree that will take a few years or longer with this current ownership.
I think rival fans expect for us t make a challenge as they are always wumming us about not winning the league or next year is your year.etc etc

Not sure why they would target us if we aren't realistic challengers. Doesn't make sense.
and then the same fans say WE are unrealistic in our expectations.:/

I mean you would'nt taunt Southampton with the same sort of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.