City post record revenues of £473.4million for 16/17

Really helpful that. Thanks very much. To be fair at this moment the players we have in the pitch are major assets for this football club. We would make an absolute fortune on some of those players if we wanted to.

You can say that again..
It's a good job we aren't a selling club:-)

Last edited:
We’re actually in profit for 2017/18 on player trading.

Added £30m per year amortisation but get to book Iheanacho, Sancho, Kolarov and a few others in this financial year.
Doesnt the £160 mill net spend include those sales ? So we,will need to find the £30 on top of those sales, as I say I have no worries its in hand, a new kit deal would be a good chunk of it and another increase in TV money is due too I think.

And the BBC report it with a negative headline. I am not am agenderist but the BBC or by far the most biased
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41919430

Not sure how you see that as a negative headline at all. Considering where we are at with the campus, the squad, the women and youth teams, the current manager, the football we are playing and our position in the league, to read that "we still have a long way to go", is far from negative and will make many an opposition fans heart sink. Especially them rags down the road.

Doesnt the £160 mill net spend include those sales ? So we,will need to find the £30 on top of those sales, as I say I have no worries its in hand, a new kit deal would be a good chunk of it and another increase in TV money is due too I think.
No because net spend is immaterial really.

New contracts are amortised over the length of a contract (£50m singing with a 5 year contract costs £10m per year etc).

Sales are shown in full in that financial year.

In reality the £30m figure is likely to be slightly on the low side for new amortisation for this year but the sales should still show a trading profit on new amortisation vs sales in this financial year.

We will obviously need to find the money again in the following year.

No because net spend is immaterial really.

New contracts are amortised over the length of a contract (£50m singing with a 5 year contract costs £5m per year etc).

Sales are shown in full in that financial year.

In reality the £30m figure is likely to be slightly on the low side for new amortisation for this year but the sales should still show a trading profit on new amortisation vs sales in this financial year.

We will obviously need to find the money again in the following year.
Shouldn't that be £10 mil per year surly

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.