Confirmed: Most Ever Consecutive Wins in English Football History - MCFC

what are you talking about?

even the bbc have it down as a win.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41792812
"City have now won 15 consecutive matches in all competitions, including an EFL Cup victory over Wolverhampton Wanderers on penalties."
Yes BBC have it as 15 consecutive wins but only via qualifying their statement with the Wolves game. They didn't say including 5-0 against Liverpool or 3-1 against Arsenal because there is no doubt there. They specifically qualified it as they knew the result makes the record debatable

We're going to get bogged down in pedantics if we're not careful. As I said I'm not going to lose sleep if you want to count it as part of our consecutive win tally, but I explained why it isn't being reported as such.

We won a cup tie, but we did not win the game.

In the cup tie one team must advance to the next round but we didn't win the game. We won a penalty shoot out. As I mentioned in my previous post penalties are a way to determine who advances but does not change the result of a 90 minute game of football.

Feel free to refer to past competitions where ties were drawn and determined by drawing lots or coin toss. Winning on penalties - or in extra time, is no different from winning on a coin toss. The game was drawn but one team advanced.

Fair enough

Please could all the people, myself included, who went fucking mental at Wembley when we beat Liverpool, kindly return their glee: we drew.
And worry not; I've had a word with YaYa and his so-called "winning" penalty - provided Roberto Baggio is happy to claim he "drew" the 1994 World Cup, Mr. Toure won't say any more on the subject. Nor will Chris Waddle or Stuart Pearce. "Drawrers" not "Losers" both.

when people argue so much Gary James has to step in as expert witness
I would but I think I need a lie down. This is all getting too much. Only at City would we downplay a major achievement.

If anyone wants to know why the consecutive wins is being treated as an official record have a look back at my comments in this thread and the other. If this was just City, me or Curly Watts saying it I could understand the scepticism, but it's national/international organisations and record keepers. In terms of a winning sequence City won the game - the IFAB (the ultimate governing body) talk about the methods used to decide a winner when a winner must be decided and that Wolves game complies entirely. If anyone wants to challenge the BBC, Sky, the FL, the FA, the IFAB, the Nationwide Football Annual's official record keepers, MUFC & AFC (they've both counted penalty wins as part of sequence records previously!) then please do. But please let's celebrate this remarkable achievement - we've also established other sequence records recently and are nearing another all time sequence record too but we're all getting bogged down by the winning sequence semantics to celebrate the other stuff now. Let's move on and keep counting our wins, please! These are wonderful times as far as breaking records is concerned so let's boast about them - if City fans don't celebrate them then we can't expect anyone else to.

I would but I think I need a lie down. This is all getting too much. Only at City would we downplay a major achievement.

If anyone wants to know why the consecutive wins is being treated as an official record have a look back at my comments in this thread and the other. If this was just City, me or Curly Watts saying it I could understand the scepticism, but it's national/international organisations and record keepers. In terms of a winning sequence City won the game - the IFAB (the ultimate governing body) talk about the methods used to decide a winner when a winner must be decided and that Wolves game complies entirely. If anyone wants to challenge the BBC, Sky, the FL, the FA, the IFAB, the Nationwide Football Annual's official record keepers, MUFC & AFC (they've both counted penalty wins as part of sequence records previously!) then please do. But please let's celebrate this remarkable achievement - we've also established other sequence records recently and are nearing another all time sequence record too but we're all getting bogged down by the winning sequence semantics to celebrate the other stuff now. Let's move on and keep counting our wins, please! These are wonderful times as far as breaking records is concerned so let's boast about them - if City fans don't celebrate them then we can't expect anyone else to.
What are the other records coming up Gary?

David Elleray at IFAB responded to me saying it was a draw.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.