Dublin

Funnily enough the barman (or could be the owner, cant remember) last time I was in briodys was a city fan
One guy was in his 60`s and a younger guy,probably in his late 30`s, were serving at different dinnertimes.Loved the place and so homely and my kind of pub,no jukeboxes,pool etc so a good old fashioned pub.
Further down the road where we were staying was one called The Celt ??,which did some wonderful food.We also sampled a couple in the Sweetmans Craft Brewery which was a well worth brewery and another local brewery one down in the Temple area right on a corner but I can`t remember the name.
We went to see Jools Holland at the arena and had to stay over an additional night as all the flights were cancelled when the storm broke on the Monday.Bloody hell Dublin was like a ghost town that day with no flights,rail,trams or buses and virtually every shop shut.Thank fuck for Briodys that dinnertime. ;)

Good luck with that. The place is awash with rag, Celtic and Liverpool "followers".
I was surprised to find a celtic store- I assume run by the club- in Dublin when I was there in the summer.

It's a nice place to walk around in. I had half a day there and that's all I did, mostly in tourist-y areas. Didn't have a plan as I decided last minute that I might miss my flight home if I didn't get there a day early. :)

There's a good bar on the river called J.W. Sweetman that make their own beer. And it's not stupid expensive for the centre of Dublin either. Good for a nice post-shopping beer.

Great shout, lovely pub and it's in a handy location if you're shopping or wandering round the city centre.

For watching the derby, I agree with other comments... sadly you'll be outnumbered in pretty much any pub you go to by rags. There's a pub called Sinnotts just off Grafton Street that is good for live games, it's got quite a few screens up but I'd definitely get there early and some food in before it gets busy. Good luck!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.