Tips for a Dad to be?

markbmcfc

So,

Mrsbmcfc is currently working on our first, and will be 30 weeks on Saturday, so into the home stretch.

Looking forward to it, though I do have the prospect of some weird classes looming, where I sit in a room full of pregnant women practising breathing. Sounds grim, but I expect it to be worse.

Being told to play music to the bump now, so naturally, blue moon's going to be forced on the poor unsuspecting foetus for the next 10 weeks, much to Mum's dismay.

I'd obviously love him/her to love City as much as I do, but it seems odd, that they are born into an era of brilliance without that backstory of ineptitude I grew up with. Does make me wonder if the new generation could ever support City like us, having fortunately skipped the dark days.

Quite keen on allowing said child to make his/her own decision with regards to football, though deep down, part of me is screaming "how can i make sure this child doesn't become a dirty red?" Any tips from Dad's how I can make sure that doesn't happen? A while away yet, but already makes me shudder.

Apologies to Ric for turning BM into Mumsnet for the day.

As soon as he/she can walk/talk, tell him/her that you will always love them, however they will need to find alternative living accommodation if they turn to the dark side!

Worked a treat with my little girl, she's 5 now and City mad!

My mate said that too - "Quite keen on allowing said child to make his/her own decision with regards to football..." - No No NO!!
I find that madness. If I had a child it would be drummed into the kid from day one that he/her is a blue and there is no other option.
Its a criminal act if as a blue you allow your child to support Utd.

Just show the Aguerooo moment on a constant loop!
Oh and join camra for the money off vouchers at wetherspoons.

You really have no idea.

That bump in the wife's belly will be like a hand grenade going off in your previous orderly life. Nothing will be the same again.

My youngest is 25 now, so i can look smugly down on all you soon-to-be young dads... Its great!

;-)

OP - its all monkey see, monkey do. Spend as much time as you can with your child and enjoy it as much as you can and you will become their hero, and they will look to emulate you in every way.
Even when the little one is too young to understand, have the game on the telly, be happy and respectful when we win, be gracious when we lose and they will be a blue just like you.

Be an aggressive stroppy know it all **** and throw a massive fucking paddy when you get beat and the child will grow up a red.

OP - its all monkey see, monkey do. Spend as much time as you can with your child and enjoy it as much as you can and you will become their hero, and they will look to emulate you in every way.
Even when the little one is too young to understand, have the game on the telly, be happy and respectful when we win, be gracious when we lose and they will be a blue just like you.

Be an aggressive stroppy know it all **** and throw a massive fucking paddy when you get beat and the child will grow up a red.

great description of a red

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.