Tips for a Dad to be?

our first is 8 weeks old! starting to get some sleep through the night now which is good! he was going 2 hours or less between feeds for the fist 5/6 weeks which was tough.

dont expect you can do everything you currently do, you'll be tired and you'll want to spend time with your baby!

It's the best thing in the world almost all the time but ... there are moments almost every week (from about 5 on) when you'll honestly feel like you are going to lose your mind through pure and utter rage...as pandamonium ensues with doors being slammed and I hate yous and you're the worst dad ever and stomp stomp stomp...

My advice is to look forward to it because it'll be the best times of your life. But be prepared for the mental toughness and remember to breath...

*Get the kid a City kit before any distant Rag relatives try to turn him/her!
*Sleep when the baby sleeps
*Get organised with bottles washed and ready
*Don't be tip toe-ng around the house like a ninja trying to keep quiet, the sooner the boy gets used to normal levels of noise the better.
*Don't go down the tough love, of letting the baby cry itself to sleep, they cry for a reason, only selfish cunts would deny a baby of love and affection so they can have a normal life.
*Spend as much time as possible with your kids, they grow up fast.
* Let them sleep in your bed.
* read to them, do stupid shit, have fun, you can now because you're a parent and can get a way with it.
* don't go buying everything brand new, Ebay is your friend, prams and high chairs and baby bouncers and stuff can all be bought far cheaper 2nd hand.

Once they start talking buy a notebook and religiously write down all their funny comments/quotes. A toddlers innocent but very honest and nieve comments can be some of the funniest things you will ever hear. If it’s a daughter you won’t even need to write a giving away speech.

It’s a bit of nightmare till then though, constant squawking and wall to wall puke and shit.

Just make a lifelong commitment to your child and always be there for them, no matter what happens in your relationship, always be there for your child & love them unconditionally.
Too many feckless Fathers around and children who are damaged because of that.
Good luck, having Children is the most amazing experience you'll ever go through.

Always have time for them. Throw your phone away unless you are recording the daft things they do. They grow up so quick you will turn around one day and wonder where the years went.

Just hold the baby at the moment of birth and everything will come by itself.

It happened twice to me, each time it occurred to me that I started too late with kids.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.