United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do enjoy the irony of utd fans looking to call Guardiola a fraud who only takes cushy jobs. It would appear their manager who has been backed well by the owners at a big club is looking to get out because they are not dancing on air or at least making noises about it. In short he is epitomizing what they are trying to twist on Guardiola, that has a nice completeness to the schadenfreude on that

It was always a silly argument that some United fans came out with about Guardiola having the far easier job of the two. Both came into their respective jobs with a fair bit of pressure to do well and work to do in terms of squad building but both have been afforded similar budgets to do it - budgets so big that neither can complain about a lack of funds and certainly can't be using that as an excuse well over a year into their tenures at either City or United. It could be argued that we had done far more planning for Guardiola's arrival but we still had some major deficiencies to sort out once he arrived, particularly at the back. We've had to replace all our senior full-backs plus Hart as they either didn't fit into his ideal system or were simply too old to be effective in it. United fans have been going on for ages that their full-backs have needed upgrading and by not doing so that represents short-sightedness on their part.

I'm not going to count my chickens just yet but I think a lot of this is down to Mourinho simply being damaged goods these days and as such he isn't the manager he once was. At his managerial peak and with United's transfer budget, I'm sure they'd be doing better.

It was always a silly argument that some United fans came out with about Guardiola having the far easier job of the two. Both came into their respective jobs with a fair bit of pressure to do well and work to do in terms of squad building but both have been afforded similar budgets to do it - budgets so big that neither can complain about a lack of funds and certainly can't be using that as an excuse well over a year into their tenures at either City or United. It could be argued that we had done far more planning for Guardiola's arrival but we still had some major deficiencies to sort out once he arrived, particularly at the back. We've had to replace all our senior full-backs plus Hart as they either didn't fit into his ideal system or were simply too old to be effective in it. United fans have been going on for ages that their full-backs have needed upgrading and by not doing so that represents short-sightedness on their part.

I'm not going to count my chickens just yet but I think a lot of this is down to Mourinho simply being damaged goods these days and as such he isn't the manager he once was. At his managerial peak and with United's transfer budget, I'm sure they'd be doing better.

He's become a moaning whining little woman and everyone's bored to death of it/seen it all before. Were I a top class footballer and given the option to play under guardiola or peg I'd not have to think twice about it, just having to be in the same room as a sexist eye gouger every day would unsettle me.

He's become a moaning whining little woman and everyone's bored to death of it/seen it all before. Were I a top class footballer and given the option to play under guardiola or peg I'd not have to think twice about it, just having to be in the same room as a sexist eye gouger every day would unsettle me.
Eva likes this post.

Your post screams to me that basically their suits have been shit compared to ours and that feels correct. Poor old Ferran and Txiki have had a few evil glares of some fans at the height of our recent frustrations. Not that they and Khaldoon should rest and sit back to enjoy but they could be excused for patting themselves on the back a bit. Wages to turnover at a healthy 56% along with all aspects of the club doing very well.

United fans would kill to have what we have and not just on the pitch, a clear focused and skilled back office team. More and more in modern football this seems essential.

Why is anyone of the belief that PSG would even want him? Aren't they currently unbeaten, scoring for fun against everyone they play, having just blown close to £300m on two attacking players who don't exactly track back? What part of that would make them want the worlds most negative big team manager who wants wingers to play as fullbacks and sees entertaining football as a bad thing? It's like imagining that we would trade in Pep for Maureen, it just makes no sense at all

And yet the thing is that objectively, given where United have been the last few years in the PL, they ought to be thrilled right now. 2nd place has been way out of reach. The thing that's hurting them is City 8 points ahead.

Don't understand really. Surely they should be celebrating being in the top four for once. Definitely punching above their weight, well done Jose.
Oooh you are awful....

Why is anyone of the belief that PSG would even want him? Aren't they currently unbeaten, scoring for fun against everyone they play, having just blown close to £300m on two attacking players who don't exactly track back? What part of that would make them want the worlds most negative big team manager who wants wingers to play as fullbacks and sees entertaining football as a bad thing? It's like imagining that we would trade in Pep for Maureen, it just makes no sense at all

My thoughts exactly. The way I see it PEG wants the PSG job but I doubt PSG want him.

theres a guy here in oz that says that pegs demeanour signifies how he feels. he explained that when things are great hes clean shaven and in a suit. yet when hes under the cosh hes scruffy looking and unkempt. i image after the derby he'd pass as a memeber of zz top
He has not looked happy since the start....
34AF74FA00000578-3610263-Mourinho_could_be_seen_holding_a_United_shirt_branded_with_Mouri-a-63_1464343041305.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.