Tips for a Dad to be?

Never ever put your toddler on yer shoulders when leaving the pub at pace....esp if the gaff has a slightly low door.
I got a full 3 weeks silence of the mrs for that.

My mate said that too - "Quite keen on allowing said child to make his/her own decision with regards to football..." - No No NO!!
I find that madness. If I had a child it would be drummed into the kid from day one that he/her is a blue and there is no other option.
Its a criminal act if as a blue you allow your child to support Utd.
its so much more rewarding when they make that decision themselves.

Read all about being a dad from the Bluemoon expert dads, internet baby sites, books, parenting mags - and then forget it all as promptly as you can, and use common sense. The Health Visitor will be round with a barrage of questions. Say yes to every one and yer'll get a tick in every box. And the next week they'll be going to school! Doesn't half whizz on!

So,

Mrsbmcfc is currently working on our first, and will be 30 weeks on Saturday, so into the home stretch.

Looking forward to it, though I do have the prospect of some weird classes looming, where I sit in a room full of pregnant women practising breathing. Sounds grim, but I expect it to be worse.

Being told to play music to the bump now, so naturally, blue moon's going to be forced on the poor unsuspecting foetus for the next 10 weeks, much to Mum's dismay.

I'd obviously love him/her to love City as much as I do, but it seems odd, that they are born into an era of brilliance without that backstory of ineptitude I grew up with. Does make me wonder if the new generation could ever support City like us, having fortunately skipped the dark days.

Quite keen on allowing said child to make his/her own decision with regards to football, though deep down, part of me is screaming "how can i make sure this child doesn't become a dirty red?" Any tips from Dad's how I can make sure that doesn't happen? A while away yet, but already makes me shudder.

Apologies to Ric for turning BM into Mumsnet for the day.
I must admit going to West Ham a couple of seasons ago and we were getting done 2 nil at the time with West Ham all over us. My lad was sat there bored out of his head playing on his phone. Thinking how can you be bored we've got Aguero, Kompany, Silva and Yaya, He is never going to know the dark days.

Nothing can prepare you emotionally for what you will go through and how it will change your life. Mostly for the good, but the first few months are fucking harder than anything you’ve ever done and on the whole not very enjoyable. Once you get past that though it’s an incredible experience and you will realize you never really knew what love was till that moment.

Don't fall into the trap of thinking they will be off your hands when they are adult. Mine are 31 and 34 now, still come to me for: advice, food, beer, money, bed for the night, breakfast in the morning, monopolising my TV, getting under my feet................

Don't fall into the trap of thinking they will be off your hands when they are adult. Mine are 31 and 34 now, still come to me for: advice, food, beer, money, bed for the night, breakfast in the morning, monopolising my TV, getting under my feet................

My three come eat every fucking thing. Drink everything.

I wouldn't have it any other way.

You don't realise how much food they eat until they move out. I remember the fridge being full of stuff that I ended up throwing out because they weren't fridge locusts anymore.

Three strapping sons can eat you into bankruptcy. Plus, the cunts always complain there's nothing to eat.

My weekly shop bill when we sorted it was less than half and that was with me buying celebratory booze.

You miss them, although with leaving everything at their arse now not an issue, you get over it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.