The Harry Kane Team 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unlike many City fans, I actually prefer Tottenham to most of the other London clubs.

However, I recently stumbled upon a curious statistic from our 2-0 victory at White Hart Lane in January 1986, which as it transpired, was our last away victory for almost two years, until we beat Bradford 4-2 in October 1987.

The attendances for those two games

Tottenham 17,009

Bradford 14,819

So the First Division fixture at Spurs was only 2,190 higher than the capacity crowd at Second Division Bradford.

Unlike many City fans, I actually prefer Tottenham to most of the other London clubs.

However, I recently stumbled upon a curious statistic from our 2-0 victory at White Hart Lane in January 1986, which as it transpired, was our last away victory for almost two years, until we beat Bradford 4-2 in October 1987.

Tottenham 17,009

Bradford 14,819

So the First Division fixture at Spurs was only 2,190 higher than the capacity crowd at Second Division Bradford.
That's some memory right there fella!

Tottenham 17,009

Bradford 14,819

Hadn't we beaten Wolves in a league cup tie away and the Bradford game was the first win away in the league for two years or is my memory playing tricks. Was at both the games and seem to recall trouble at both

Hadn't we beaten Wolves in a league cup tie away and the Bradford game was the first win away in the league for two years or is my memory playing tricks. Was at both the games and seem to recall trouble at both

Yep, the Bradford game was our first away league victory since White Hart Lane.(Neil McNab missing a last minute penalty at Shrewsbury the previous Saturday)
Only 3 players, (Nixon, McNab, and Simpson) featured at both Spurs and Bradford.
I don't recall trouble at the Valley Parade, but I do remember the kick off being delayed by 15 minutes, due to crowd congestion (I think it was Bradford's first big game since the fire).
There were on'y two stands open at Molineux, so it was pretty obvious that you were a City fan, as you walked up the slope towards our turnstiles, with all the Wolves fans walking in the opposite direction.
There was definitely a feisty atmosphere, although I don't recall any specific violence.

Yep, the Bradford game was our first away league victory since White Hart Lane.(Neil McNab missing a last minute penalty at Shrewsbury the previous Saturday)
Only 3 players, (Nixon, McNab, and Simpson) featured at both Spurs and Bradford.
I don't recall trouble at the Valley Parade, but I do remember the kick off being delayed by 15 minutes, due to crowd congestion (I think it was Bradford's first big game since the fire).
There were on'y two stands open at Molineux, so it was pretty obvious that you were a City fan, as you walked up the slope towards our turnstiles, with all the Wolves fans walking in the opposite direction.
There was definitely a feisty atmosphere, although I don't recall any specific violence.
From memory and it is somewhat hazy the problems at Bradford were because as usual they had put prices up for City fans and many went in the Bradford end behind the goal. We scored and loads started celebrating which the backward locals didn't like. At Wolves it was after the game around the subways and I am sure there was a paper report about a Wolves fan being stabbed after they had tried to ambush City fans. Think it may have been his own knife used on him. Think there was a large following that night of Cool Cats

Fucking hell mate i had to squint a bit trying to recall what i had for dinner yesterday, fair bloody play to you :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.