The Boxing thread

I just think Aj has been extremely lucky all his fights has been in the UK. It literally shocked me the Klitschko fight was in the UK and I do wonder what would of happen if it was say in Germany would AJ of recovered from the knock down or would he of went into his shell fighting away from home??? We will never know but without the backing of the fans in that fight it lifted him to go and KO Kiltschko and fair fucks to him.

I am more than happy to see bigger shows around the UK and Hearn has done wonders for that and getting his fighters stadium fights. When you look at it AJ had a few , Froch too , Kell Brook and even Luke Campbell have all had big fights in stadiums to name a few and thats great from Hearn to do that. Saying all that deep down any fighter to lace those gloves up would love to be able to fight on a big Vegas card or a big American card and to headline Vegas for most fighters it must feel like they have made it in boxing.

Just trying to think who was the last fighter UK / Ireland fighter to headline in Vegas?? I think it was Carl Frampton in Vegas against Santa Cruz but its kind of a bit sad to see not too many of the UK fighters getting over there and making a impact in the big fights. I think James DeGale is doing great if he can stay injury free he could get big fights out there was always a critic of James but he has come on great since moving to the US. I only wish more would go over instead of staying at home. I think the elite can do it both say 2 fights a year 1 in the UK and 1 out in the US. I think AJ marketed right in the US would be bigger than Lennox Lewis and thats why Hearn is starting out in the US. Makes more sense for Hearn to have AJ V Wilder on 1 of his American Cards early next year. The undercard writes itself have DeGale on the undercard in his return fight. Also get Kel Brook on over there too as the 3 big fights to kick start 2018 over there.
I agree with most of that actually.

Also I know it's unpopular to like Eddie Hearn but I'm starting to like him, as far as I can see he's taken matchroom to a new level and now he's signing USA(Jacobs) and Russian(I'm assuming he's signed Bivol who looks very dangerous) fighters something I don't recall seeing from UK promoters before, not sure if UK fight fans will get behind them for UK shows though is my only concern. Maybe the plan isn't to have them fight in the UK but selfishly I would love the UK to become a place where the top non-uk fighters want to put on big fights, something to tick off for their legacy like Vegas is for most fighters.

I'm looking forward to the Matchroom USA bill later tonight, I really rate Jacobs and thought he was hard done by in the Golovkin fight, I've not watched much of baby Miller(probably wrote him off because he never looks in shape) but it's a big chance for him to impress in his home City/State and he's making the right sounds.

Last edited:
Tough fight for Taylor v Vazquez a former world champion, however Josh did look good last time out. I expect beefy to beat Williams but hope im wrong, hope it's as good as the first fight.
Regarding AJ and Wilder, i fancy a Joshua win late on.

I like Wilder aka Bomb Squad I honestly think the heavyweight division is shocking. There the 2 best out there. Wilder will be the 1 who can KO Joshua his chin is questionable and you can say that about every heavyweight. Even when AJ boxed Dillian Whyte he was caught a few times by Whyte and rocked by him. Then the Vitali Klitschko fight the knock down was a heavy 1 and I think Wilder will look at that and think I can KO him. Granted Wilder we have yet to see his chin tested will AJ be the guy to test it I hope so. I just got the feeling AJ goes in favourite and Wilder wins by KO.

Joshua will walk through wilder, in fact it's a complete mismatch, not only in weight, punch power but also styles. Wilders defence is seriously lacking, it has nothing to do with his punching style either, it's his footwork and how he loads up, any heavyweight worth his salt will put him on his arse, hence he's avoiding whyte like the plague....

Don't buy the hype, it's exactly like the self promotion McGregor put out there, the reality is very different though.....

AJ is unfortunate that the standard in the division is so poor, it also doesn't look like changing anytime soon either, however he's head and shoulders above the best ranked, make of that what you will!!!

I agree with most of that actually.

Also I know it's unpopular to like Eddie Hearn but I'm starting to like him, as far as I can see he's taken matchroom to a new level and now he's signing USA(Jacobs) and Russian(I'm assuming he's signed Bivol who looks very dangerous) fighters something I don't recall seeing from UK promoters before, not sure if UK fight fans will get behind them for UK shows though is my only concern. Maybe the plan isn't to have them fight in the UK but selfishly I would love the UK to become a place where the top non-uk fighters want to put on big fights, something to tick off for their legacy like Vegas is for most fighters.

I'm looking forward to the Matchroom USA bill later tonight, I really rate Jacobs and thought he was hard done by in the Golovkin fight, I've not watched much of baby Miller(probably wrote him off because he never looks in shape) but it's a big chance for him to impress in his home City/State and he's making the right sounds.

Yeah i like the looks of the card it could be a good 1 tonight. Also marketing Conor Benn over there and getting him on a few cards out there may well be a brilliant move by the Hearns. Good for him to test himself against the Americans / South Americans over there. I just hope that it works out well for the kid Conor Benn. I like how Nigel is staying away from the limelight and letting Conor learn from the trainers.
Also if Hearn has linked up with Bivol its a great move by him. That guy looks class could be another GGG for me but its a early stage for him and he is going to have harder tests in the future and I honestly think he has the talent to go far. With the right team behind him.

Joshua will walk through wilder, in fact it's a complete mismatch, not only in weight, punch power but also styles. Wilders defence is seriously lacking, it has nothing to do with his punching style either, it's his footwork and how he loads up, any heavyweight worth his salt will put him on his arse, hence he's avoiding whyte like the plague....

Don't buy the hype, it's exactly like the self promotion McGregor put out there, the reality is very different though.....

AJ is unfortunate that the standard in the division is so poor, it also doesn't look like changing anytime soon either, however he's head and shoulders above the best ranked, make of that what you will!!!

I like Dillian Whyte not a bad fighter but as Wilder has said he is a gatekeeper but saying that even a gatekeeper could well end up as a World Champion. Think Dillian if he fights Parker Dillian Whyte will be a World Champion. Parker is the weakest champion out there for me. I hope that they get Parker v Whyte on and have that as a undercard fight with the winner of Wilder v Joshua with the winners fighting each other.

Also if you think Joshua will walk through Wilder and is a mismatch I find it a bit crazy in a way that both guys can bang and both guys have that punchers chance. Yeah AJ is maybe better technically but Wilder has the technical side too if he didnt he wouldnt of won a Bronze medal at the Olympics so I just think with Wilder he is wild and brash more so just to get the fighters out of the ring as soon as he can. And yes it looks terrible but its working for him.

Granted we both agree the division is gone to the dogs. When you can say Tyson Fury was a World Champion in the division it just shows how bad the division has got over the years which is sad to say.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.