Mersey Gateway Bridge

A mate of mine who's lived in London for years came up and went to see an old mate in Liverpool, got back to London
with a fine through his letterbox. He had no idea where he was going route wise, he merely followed the signs and went over
the bridge, he hadn't got a clue about bridges, tolls etc; I've also tried to pay on line and not succeeded, phoning up seems the only
way. It's a fucking ridiculous system that will ensnare hundreds, if not thousands of drivers, plus I wouldn't be surprised
if they've done it like this deliberately.
Like you, I won't now use Liverpool airport, I'll travel via Warrington, to get over the water, they can get to fuck.

And this is the reason why Warrington are going mad as it will mean the town will be even more gridlocked than usual at peak times!

Went over this bridge yesterday to drop my daughter off at liverpool airport, fantastic bridge but nowhere did I see signs saying pay online before 11.59 or penalty , what a disgusting way to rip people off !!! Its only by chance i read this post otherwise i,d be recieving a fine too , also had to pay £3 at the airport just to drop off which took seconds !!! RINSED !!!

Had this over the summer when i dropped my daughter off at LJLA. Dropped her off for an early morning flight. Luckily I had my wallet with me - god knows what i'd have done if i hadn't. You used to get 15 mins free for drop-off. Absolute disgrace but it is scouseland so one should expect to get robbed!

And this is the reason why Warrington are going mad as it will mean the town will be even more gridlocked than usual at peak times!
I know mate, Warrington is originally my home town, It's a nightmare at the best of times, with various
river bridges causing mayhem. This new bridge, and the tolls extended to the old one after refurbishment
are causing a lot of hassle and financial hardship, never mind the obscure and baffling method of collections,

Had this over the summer when i dropped my daughter off at LJLA. Dropped her off for an early morning flight. Luckily I had my wallet with me - god knows what i'd have done if i hadn't. You used to get 15 mins free for drop-off. Absolute disgrace but it is scouseland so one should expect to get robbed!
Another example of daylight robbery is Liverpool airport, drop someone off and you then have to pay to leave.
Not the best marketing exercise I've heard with a rival airport down the road.

Utter disgrace. I’m off to join the online petitioners.

I live in Warrington. I try to avoid Liverpool in general, but the toll roads also, wherever feasible.

I also agree regarding Liverpool Airport. I don’t drive in any more. You drive in on a public road, which then takes you through a barrier without giving you an option to leave. So you have to pay to leave despite being forced to enter. When they tried this on me, I buzzed for assistance and demanded immediate exit without charge, which they gave me.

Most other airports have a free drop off and pick up point. Is this too much to ask of Liverpool? I wouldn’t be surprised if Peel Holdings we’re behind this. Money grabbing thieves.

You're right. It's a £100 fine just for stopping your car on any of Liverpool airport's land!
As regards the bridge, this is the first time that the British public will be subjected to a toll on a previously built, untolled route. I have signed an online petition that now has to be heard, and I have written to my MP. It needs everyone to stop this or it could be applied to any route. We already pay for huge fuel duty and road fund license!

It's not actually a fine it's a parking charge. Liverpool sold the parking rights to a company called parking eye for circa 30k per year. They then got Liverpool council to extend the double yellows down the airport road and a little Nazi in a parking eye van snaps you parking where you shouldn't and send you a charge. But for them to get the money off you they have to take you to a civil court and prove loss of revenue. Best ignore the letters. The really big con here is the DVLA selling our personal details to private companies. How does that work.!!?? As regards the bridge well it's interesting that the second forth bridge opened about the same time as the Mersey bridge and that has no tolls despite costing about two and a half times as much to build. Another case of the double standards in this country of ours. If you live in England you get the worse deal.

There will be court cases about not knowing how to pay. How are people expected to read signs and note a website to pay while batting along at 60 mph? If it's an offence to use a mobile phone while driving, what about writing down a website address?

Utter disgrace. I’m off to join the online petitioners.

I live in Warrington. I try to avoid Liverpool in general, but the toll roads also, wherever feasible.

I also agree regarding Liverpool Airport. I don’t drive in any more. You drive in on a public road, which then takes you through a barrier without giving you an option to leave. So you have to pay to leave despite being forced to enter. When they tried this on me, I buzzed for assistance and demanded immediate exit without charge, which they gave me.

Most other airports have a free drop off and pick up point. Is this too much to ask of Liverpool? I wouldn’t be surprised if Peel Holdings we’re behind this. Money grabbing thieves.
There is a free drop off area but it' a good 10 mins walk outside and not signed. Website says it's signed never noticed any though
https://www.liverpoolairport.com/parking/drop-off-2/

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.