Ditching Sky

I’m not technically minded like you’s boys,but I have that super hub and have had no problems with it had for close to a year now my son has an Xbox and plays FIFA,call of duty and so on and has never mentioned any problems when playing online,I also had a zgemma box running off it with no real problems either..
Cheers Dean, I think the only way to know is if I get it installed and test it, thanks for letting me know though!

No probs mate,but the likes of tcib will keep you right dam those computer geeks ;-)
haha to be fair, I think I am very much in that category. I am an IT engineer myself!

Too busy at work to do any research into Virgin before I signed up. I am going to get it all installed and see how it goes.

haha to be fair, I think I am very much in that category. I am an IT engineer myself!

Too busy at work to do any research into Virgin before I signed up. I am going to get it all installed and see how it goes.
Hahaha I’m well out of my depth mate,does anyone on here work at ordinary jobs seems to be all IT and so on..

Virgin inherited a lot of old networks over the years and some of it is not capable of supporting modern demands. My house is 30 years old and the cable was installed by Nynex but it became obvious the cabling was degrading underground somewhere as we lost our phone service for days after heavy rain.
Another trick they used to do is over subscribe areas, so speed went down to dial up levels at peak times. This is why they limit upload speeds on the lower tariffs, or at least used to.
When I check now, my address doesn't now have Virgin services so either they've chosen not to upgrade the cabling, or accept there is no more capacity. Not that I'd go back to them.
I'd check the VM forums or digital spy to see if there's any known issues in your area. But like all these companies, they'll bullshit you as long as they can. They even blamed BT for their own phone service when investigating my issues.

Cheers Dean, I think the only way to know is if I get it installed and test it, thanks for letting me know though!

my lads on fifa 18 ultimate team day and night, never any issues not even hardwired either
Hub 3 on
200Mb package
wired speedtest just now from PC.

6787214808.png

Virgin inherited a lot of old networks over the years and some of it is not capable of supporting modern demands. My house is 30 years old and the cable was installed by Nynex but it became obvious the cabling was degrading underground somewhere as we lost our phone service for days after heavy rain.
Another trick they used to do is over subscribe areas, so speed went down to dial up levels at peak times. This is why they limit upload speeds on the lower tariffs, or at least used to.
When I check now, my address doesn't now have Virgin services so either they've chosen not to upgrade the cabling, or accept there is no more capacity. Not that I'd go back to them.
I'd check the VM forums or digital spy to see if there's any known issues in your area. But like all these companies, they'll bullshit you as long as they can. They even blamed BT for their own phone service when investigating my issues.
I know the road I live on was dug up about a year ago and virgin laid cabling, I don't believe anyone on my road is subscribed to them so I am hoping that will go in my favor also.
I will just have to see what its like when its installed.

my lads on fifa 18 ultimate team day and night, never any issues not even hardwired either
Hub 3 on
200Mb package
wired speedtest just now from PC.

6787214808.png
Thats great to hear, thanks mate. I am really hoping it will be fine but until its in its just impossible to know.
Thanks

I know the road I live on was dug up about a year ago and virgin laid cabling, I don't believe anyone on my road is subscribed to them so I am hoping that will go in my favor also.
I will just have to see what its like when its installed.

Thats great to hear, thanks mate. I am really hoping it will be fine but until its in its just impossible to know.
Thanks
If the cables are recent, I'd be very surprised if you have issues like I did.

I had a full package for £30 month for a year on Sky Q. It's ended now so I told them I'm not paying £80. They could only get it to £60 so I said I'll just take the HD and box sets at £22.80 which still gets me access to record stuff as the Sky Q is brilliant. I'll get NOW TV for movies , £50 for 6 months and I can watch that on my LG TV apps on all TV's rather than just the one connected to Sky. I never watch Sport on Sky (hope they never get cycling or basketball) so any City game I don't go to I'll buy a pass for £6.99.

They might come back with better offers which I'll consider.

Read about a few people doing this, using Now Tv as part of their viewing package - is it SD only rather than HD? I'm sure I recall that was the only drawback to doing things that way

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.