Emre Can

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have people in here who don't think we should sign a 23 year old German international on a free? He'd be a physical presence at the base of midfield or across the back four who can make runs with the ball or be creative. It's no surprise Juve are in for him as well, he's exactly the kind of player they sign very cheaply and everyone kicks themselves for missing out on 18 months later.

More than anything i would imagine Pep admires his versatility,he is first and foremost a midfielder but can also operate across the back four.Hes also a physically imposing player who is quite happy to mix it when required.Still only 23,there's plenty of room to develop and improve too.

Worst case scenario and it doesnt work out as hoped,we still receive an excellent fee.Hopefully there is some truth to this story.

Yeah, I'd be pretty happy if we got Can on a free. Has it only been reported in The Star so far though, or are there any more credible sources?

Bang average player who is behind Henderson at a club who are miles behind us in the league. Says it all really. He won't be free either. He will want millions as a signing on fee. Crazy decision.

Bang average player who is behind Henderson at a club who are miles behind us in the league. Says it all really. He won't be free either. He will want millions as a signing on fee. Crazy decision.
Question is, how many million would it be worth paying Can as a sign on fee for the pleasure of witnessing John Aldridge having a(nother) mental breakdown in public?

Who was the last good player we signed for free ?
We haven't signed too many players on frees Sagna and the odd goalkeeper , but none of them have been bad. Alves might have been decent if he arrived. However a free is not the same as being costless, he and his agent will want a bigger cut if their is no transfer fee paid to Liverpool, the question is. Is he good enough to be a really useful part of our squad? We don't want another Fernando who was cheap but not really good enough, as I think I posted earlier on the thread to me he sometimes looks really good and sometimes really ordinary and I just don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.