FC United Thread

Maybe that might be due to your attendances dropping year by year. Aren't they already down over 30% compared to last year ;)
They are pretty much the same as they have always been if you exclude the new ground spike. Besides even with said spike the issues didn't manifest so you've basically fortified my point :)

In truth, you're just here as an annoyance, basically as a WUM.

You don't seriously think you'll change the mind of anyone on here towards FCUM, if you do, you are totally deluded. Your (if it really is) club and its fans are about as hypocritical as football fans come, you left united because of the glazers, yet most still support 'big' united, singing their songs, wanted to get away from the "greed" side of football, yet you quickly took the TV money when it was offered.

If you wanted "healthy football discussion" you'd be on other threads discussing football (plenty of them, on all kinds of football subjects), but you're only on this one.
Simply giving you my opinion mate and providing some facts if that winds you up then that's your prerogative :)

Your hypocrisy accusation would make sense but hating the Glazers doesn't mean hating United and nobody at the club has ever stated that football on TV is a bad thing, in fact the official voted for resolution states the opposite providing that match going supporters aren't inconvenienced as a result. You aren't the only one to make that mistake though it happens often.

Well 2.1m of that 3m was raised through the pioneering community share scheme so no buckets involved in that. Most of the rest was through development fund donations over the best part of a decade. Impressive no?

Only the 4th time it has been explained to you but the majority of Moston residents were in favour prior to the build and as the majority were in favour and there was no problem with the legal process I'm not sure why it wasn't a fair fight. Now that we have been there for 2 years there's much less opposition now for numerous reasons I'm sure. Quote from the MEN at the time of the judicial review...

Annette claimed that the ‘overwhelming majority’ of those living close to the proposed site, just off St Mary’s Road, were opposed to the plans.

That is despite the fact a city council consultation exercise found most people with local postcodes were in favour.

Kathy Crotty, a St Mary’s Road resident and member of pro-stadium group M40 4FC, said: “I welcome the investment from FC United to provide facilities which will benefit the youth of Moston.

“Although some of us support other clubs, we appreciate that this club is different because of the community aspect it has. RURA does not represent all Moston residents and the council received twice as many letters in support than against the plans.”

The club also does own the ground, just not the land which is pretty common. Loans will be paid back over the next decade whilst at the same time additional ground developments are ongoing.

its the 4th time am saying THIS moston people voted NO and if it was a clean and fair vote FCUM and the council should have move on after the no vote but it was fcum last option with council backing for the free land after being turned down in newton heath at ten acres lane so fcum knew they had to go to court to fight the people vote and what chance did they the people of moston have in putting up a fight without money for top lawyers

the things you say fcum offer the moston community should have been in place long before fcum turned up the city council had turned a blind eye to moston for years and years and the youth and kids was left to fight each other on the streets crime was shocking and what moston needed was about 20 years to late for the people

the bitter taste of fcum and the city council will never leave the real people of moston and many many non football fans are never going to buy into fcum in moston after taking there greenfield from them and putting a so called community club in place its smoke and mirrors and to the outside of moston it ticks all the boxes but the council should have built years and years ago and stinks go and ask all the people over 30 what did the city council do for them in moston

You aren't important enough to be involved in a meeting agenda at FC United mate ;)

Perhaps not but then again I didn't form a breakaway club that still hates City, still supports the raggies and still rips off money from M/cr Council, lotteries and Sports Councils. Now that is important. (Especially the anti City bit - very very important.)

In response to comments about collecting signatures outside home games I can confirm this was a direct result of the NO campaign finding out that FCUM were getting signatures from outside the area too. Apparently letters from outside M40 were not as worthy as those from within M40. but were still considered and counted.
And then a spy on the FCUM forum noted one person asking rags to send him letters via email and he would put an M40 address on it to give it more weight. Mick the red was his user name. I won't print his full name here. But that is why I question any suggestion that the majority in Moston said yes

Last edited:
I have actually enjoyed his exchange because in the past they have not responded to various comments so I welcome his responses.

Wasn't particularly aimed at the WUM/troll here, his sad attempts to justify the money grabbing isn't really worth responding to ... it was just a general comment with regards to the plastic club itself ... :D

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.