Ditching Sky

Read about a few people doing this, using Now Tv as part of their viewing package - is it SD only rather than HD? I'm sure I recall that was the only drawback to doing things that way

Yes it's SD and you can't record. Other than that it's a good deal.

I'm a bit unnerved with all the negative chat with VM,I moved house back in March,I fired Sky off,as virgin had already been installed in the gaff I moved to.

I got 3 x V6 boxes,one at an extra cost of £99,which let you do all the usual stuff with them,the landline,which is neither here or there,and the broadband,which is VIVID 200 which to be fair is pretty fast,the lad plays on FIFA all the time and as of yet has never said it's shite connection wise,and I pay £92,50 p/m as a special 12 month offer which runs out in March,where I have then to ring um back and re negotiate a deal.

Thing that pissed me off,was when with Sky I was paying an extra £16 p/m for BT Sports,but all this is included with Virgin package,the full house package,so I don't know whether to be crawling back to Sky for this Sky Q come March,(as I have a 4k tv which ain't getting it's use of !),I'm wanting to keep it all under £100 p/m really,but can't see me changing the broadband though.

I'm a bit unnerved with all the negative chat with VM,I moved house back in March,I fired Sky off,as virgin had already been installed in the gaff I moved to.

I got 3 x V6 boxes,one at an extra cost of £99,which let you do all the usual stuff with them,the landline,which is neither here or there,and the broadband,which is VIVID 200 which to be fair is pretty fast,the lad plays on FIFA all the time and as of yet has never said it's shite connection wise,and I pay £92,50 p/m as a special 12 month offer which runs out in March,where I have then to ring um back and re negotiate a deal.

Thing that pissed me off,was when with Sky I was paying an extra £16 p/m for BT Sports,but all this is included with Virgin package,the full house package,so I don't know whether to be crawling back to Sky for this Sky Q come March,(as I have a 4k tv which ain't getting it's use of !),I'm wanting to keep it all under £100 p/m really,but can't see me changing the broadband though.

If your broadband has been fine until now you should be ok boss. Virgin just have a lot of legacy hardware in some areas. It sounds like your physical infrastructure is ok and your lads gaming needs are not impacted. You would have seen an issue by now i would assume bud so don't sweat it.

If your broadband has been fine until now you should be ok boss. Virgin just have a lot of legacy hardware in some areas. It sounds like your physical infrastructure is ok and your lads gaming needs are not impacted. You would have seen an issue by now i would assume bud so don't sweat it.

Cheers Guy,like you say don't try and fix anything that ain't broke,but this 4k uhd issue is niggling away at me,you'd have thought they would have it now,well for sports I mean anyway

This is annoying as the v6 does have hdr capability with 4k and skyq does not so them having the content and virgin not is indeed a big pile of arse sir. I have just had a look at virgin forums and no staff have posted in threads to say they will anytime soon either.

Would you be only wanting the 4k stuff really for live footy on BT or movies etc also?

I’ve just tried the cancelling blag & they wouldn’t offer me any deal? just told me ok my 30 days cancelling notice starts from today :-(

Log into your Sky account when it`s don to the last 4-5 days, they will make offers, pretty much guarenteed of that.

They offered me 50% off, i accidentely clicked it. I then called Sky and told them to make sure it didnt go through and i was just being nosey at the deal, they then offered me 60% off, for the lot in HD,to be fair that`s a great deal and i snatched their hands off.

This is annoying as the v6 does have hdr capability with 4k and skyq does not so them having the content and virgin not is indeed a big pile of arse sir. I have just had a look at virgin forums and no staff have posted in threads to say they will anytime soon either.

Would you be only wanting the 4k stuff really for live footy on BT or movies etc also?

Mainly the football really,I get a big singing and dancing telly but not using it to it's full potential,shit really

Investigating the options myself now... I've given up trying to watch anything from the Q box via the ipad.. it continually skips parts of the programme and others seem to have the same issues... Great ideal, crap performance...

Oh and our deal is up.... we made the mistake of changing it into my wife's name despite being subscribers since it started.. we got a deal by doing that but lost all the privileges that a 15 year plus subscriber could hope for on the "black" VIP list

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.