Is Netflix the official depository of every terrible film ever made?

The crux of the issue should first be whether it is morally correct or not, and whether that decision sits well with you or not, as opposed to the legal pedantry that one might try to hide behind while stealing it.

Entertainment is not free, although one would not know it from reading this Forum...especially the movie threads!

You haven't understood any of it, have you? It doesn't mean that at all. You know the police have never prosecuted anyone for breaking a 20mph limit? Nuance appears to be beyond you.
You've not addressed anything with that.
It's not a crime and you can "nuance" as much as you like. Still wrong.

The crux of the issue should first be whether it is morally correct or not, and whether that decision sits well with you or not, as opposed to the legal pedantry that one might try to hide behind while stealing it.

Entertainment is not free, although one would not know it from reading this Forum...especially the movie threads!

Quite. I've done it myself, and it doesn't keep me awake at night that I did, but I'm not going to try and pretend it's all perfectly acceptable. As it's got easier to pay, I pay.

You've not addressed anything with that.
It's not a crime and you can "nuance" as much as you like. Still wrong.

No, I addressed it in the previous answer to you as to what is and isn't, pointing you to specific acts. There are others. You just don't understand.

Quite. I've done it myself, and it doesn't keep me awake at night that I did, but I'm not going to try and pretend it's all perfectly acceptable. As it's got easier to pay, I pay.
Exactly. I have a few dodgy DVDs from China, but I pay for Netflix, Amazon Prime and Hulu for myself and family members, so we can all enjoy the fruits of other people’s labors without a second thought or any moral dilemma (a phase quite a few here might do well to learn).

Yeah but when it comes to netflix originals like stranger things, the sinner etc the stream is better on it's original format.

netflix manages to just about add a decent new series after another one finishes.
Still has a lot of crap on it too.
Watched every episode of it on kodi

Exactly. I have a few dodgy DVDs from China, but I pay for Netflix, Amazon Prime and Hulu for myself and family members, so we can all enjoy the fruits of other people’s labors without a second thought or any moral dilemma (a phase quite a few here might do well to learn).

A couple of years back I wanted to get the remastered original Star Trek. I don't have a DVD player so wanted to download them. Pay for them. It wasn't possible, but getting them illegally was. That's the sort of stupidity that creates piracy, and that's where I got them, cursing the idiocy of an industry that didn't want my money. It's now possible to buy the downloads. Sort of.

But they really don't help themselves.

A couple of years back I wanted to get the remastered original Star Trek. I don't have a DVD player so wanted to download them. Pay for them. It wasn't possible, but getting them illegally was. That's the sort of stupidity that creates piracy, and that's where I got them, cursing the idiocy of an industry that didn't want my money. It's now possible to buy the downloads. Sort of.

But they really don't help themselves.
Mine were kids movies, that would probably be watched once or twice and then thrown in with the rest of the dross they outgrew quicker than I could blink. It was a moral dilemma, but I lived with it rather than waiting until they came out officially for 20x the price...and my kids were probably no longer interested anyway!

We're not all on a pilots wage fella :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.