Points of Blue Meeting

Since for many of us actually going to games is our raison d'etre as Blues, the away & cup ticket issue is a joke. I moved down from Platinum to Gold 3 years ago as I was actually losing, not even maintaining, ground. I'm glad I did as its saved me £50 wasted quid each season and so far I have more than enough points to get Cup semi & final tickets plus a few away cup matches where we get the larger allocations. I would however have no chance in hell of a CL Final ticket if we get there, despite being on the cup scheme and having supported City for almost 60 years. Incidentally, our OSC also only received 2 tickets for Huddersfield in a fortnight's time so it seems like that's par for the course. Football has gone the way of corporate entertaining, to the detriment of proper supporters and that's not at all healthy. If it continues in its current trajectory we will end up with away sections rammed with tourists spending the entire game phone-videoing plus in our case Superbia fans as the only proper Blues scattered amongst them (unless Superbia has been phased out by then ). City have sold out along with the rest of the top PL clubs and I suppose it's the price we pay for being successful. Tickets are obviously going out to agencies. For example there were 4 Napoli fans by me at the home leg in seats that are usually occupied by non-cup scheme season card holders. One of whom actually applied for his seat at 9am the day the window opened but it had already been sold. Now that can't be right.
Whether or not Points of Blue can carry this forward and get City to listen is open to question but if we don't shout about it then we won't get heard at all.
I refused to pay £50 extra for platinum to buy loyalty points. Surely the more games you go to demonstrates your loyalty. At the time I couldn't attend aways but now I maybe able to I have little chance of having enough points. I buy when I can or sometimes use a points whore which perpetuates the problem.
BTW I'm a seasoncard holder of 25 years and have only missed a couple of home games in all competitions in that time.

Last edited:
Agree with that. I only seem to be able to get away tickets for cup games where we get a bigger allocation in spite of having nearly 13000 points.

I agree too. They need to look at how they distribute tickets for away games.

I have a few more points than you but plenty less than Exeter. However, as I habitually complain: I have been a season ticket holder for each of the last 45 years. When they set up the loyalty points scheme, the paltry starter amount they gave you simply did not reflect that loyalty. I've schlepped to over half the grounds in the country to watch City in my time, I've been doing a 360 mile round trip to Maine Road / The Etihad for the past 27 years but I have bog all chance of getting a ticket for a game near me, like Watford, where I sat with the home fans; as I did at WBA in the league and, of course, I won't get any loyalty points for those games. The league cup tie at WBA is the only away game that I have managed to get a ticket in the away section for this season. Last season I got two tickets for Leicester but just missed out this year.

The club needs to look at this: the current system my look fair at first glance but, like any monopoly, it actually isn't.

How about getting running water to the gents in CB3 so you can wash your hands after a piss? If that is impossible at least install hand sanitiser dispensers to make it a bit more hygienic!

Half 2 in the morning had a few drinks idea..
Tap your card on the way out and if it’s after the final whistle you get a few extra points..?
I said the same ages ago, but it will not happen. There is nothing in it for the Club, plus the extra investment and hassle, NOT HAPPENING.
IF they become transparent with the away ticket allocation; we may see some change such as random selection for ticket collection at the venue, with a penalty for failure to collect.

They are being much more imaginative in pricing foo/drink which has made it more affordable - 'bundles', 10% off for season tickets for tsxns over £10 and £2.50 pints. The club have obviously listened to feedback and responded, so fair play to them. Also service is much better - staff seem to be better trained and clued up. For me, the biggest thing the club could do to improve matchday is put pressure on metro/buses to improve services particularly after the game.
Oh and fix the bloody tannoy system. We are in the East Stand and cannot hear a word.
Can’t hear the PA/tannoy in the family stand very well either. Been poor for a couple of seasons

the exits out of south stand level 3 block 315 are fucking horrendous. the whole ground has virtually emptied before we even start to move down the isle. no wonder everyone leaves early. how this passed health and safety i dont as there is a massive queue and then a massive bottle neck i n bar area trying to get through the doors to the stairs down.if there was an emergency there will be carnage.

Queues definitely seem to have improved the last 4 or 5 games, since they allocated more stewards to the bag checking.

My main gripe like a lot of people is the allocation of away tickets. Transparency is needed, not just on how many go to corporates and player's friends and family (some of whom seem to be no shows as there are always sections of empty seats in the away end despite early sell outs) but also how many City are giving to agencies, as they clearly are doing, which is bang out of order in my opinion.

I don't mind missing out on an away ticket to people with more points than me but when you see people turning up to the ground who have clearly never been to a football game, let alone a city one, in their life (at Bournemouth I went down anyway and went to the ground on the look out for a spare and there were numerous tourists in city gear turning up and queuing behind the home fans at any old random entrance and being surprised when told they had to enter with the away fans as they clearly had no idea what they were doing at all - maybe they just thought you enter and sit where u want)

the exits out of south stand level 3 block 315 are fucking horrendous. the whole ground has virtually emptied before we even start to move down the isle. no wonder everyone leaves early. how this passed health and safety i dont as there is a massive queue and then a massive bottle neck i n bar area trying to get through the doors to the stairs down.if there was an emergency there will be carnage.
Think the problem is the stand needs another set of turnstiles/steps.

If the doors were widened there would be issues of people falling down the stairs but yes a fire could be a disaster up there.

A platinum season ticket used to be able to get me me tickets to 4 or 5 away games a year. Two years ago it got me a ticket to one midweek away game. Last year zero. So I gave it up for a gold as it wasn't worth it for away games and the price rise was on the cusp of being unaffordable.
Unlikely to get a ticket for an FA cup final now but hey you have to cut your cloth to match your income and not many have had real terms wage rises.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.