January transfer/its quiet Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was addressing @decmancity and what the user thought about your "joke", seriously though we are not Arsenal in this area and we need to be willing to get such players if needs be (Which is the case for 3 of those). After all it is not our fault alone that prices are so high, especially if we can afford them.

Likewise it might seem a joke to you now, but when the going gets tough for our club at the closing stages of the season I have a strong feeling that you will wish they where all playing for our club.

Of course I wish all these players were at our club but I’m not living in dream land.

Squad rules will never allow 3 or 4 players for each position

That is why they need to be changed, at least in the domestic game. I mean if UEFA (for example) where "persuaded" to support a Qatar hosted WC, I mean sure they could be "persuaded" to let the local FA's decide what limits are placed on the European Squads of their nations representative clubs (while the FA is "persuaded" to relax the rules for both Domestic and European games).

In other words City are not going to be a high ranking member of Europe's Elites it cannot do while following rules which are designed to keep us out and keep the "Aristocrat" Clubs in (irrespective of their current performance) as if god put them there itself. Thus to succeed they need to change the rules of the game.

even if they did no world class player will join a club with so many players

They will still get to play 20-30 games* per injury though (so long as they are fit enough), which is more than enough games to put their full effort, strength and intelligence in. Especially since even the best players struggle to be at their best even across 40-50 games. And that does include the higher pay and more trophy opportunities they would get with a team like ours.

*Which does not include pre-season friendly's or even opportunities in the B-Team (for the record I am in favour of such teams playing in the Football League to help our youth players).

Last edited:
Of course I wish all these players were at our club but I’m not living in dream land.

Well if City made more of an effort bypassing/overturning FFP, it would be more possible to make it a reality.

Well if City made more of an effort bypassing/overturning FFP, it would be more possible to make it a reality.
Surely, FFP HELPS City now?! Once we had foisted ourself into the club, it doesn’t harm us to have the door closed behind us. Mansour is playing the long game.

Surely, FFP HELPS City now?! Once we had foisted ourself into the club, it doesn’t harm us to have the door closed behind us. Mansour is playing the long game.

Except we are not in the club yet, although we are at the front of the line with PSG. Besides even if we were in it, we are not at the VIP section, which is where we need to be (and throwing other clubs out). So overall FFP is doing anything but helping us.

That plus we cant afford the fees or the wages it would take did you not see our results last week as good as they were we only made £1 mill, even taking out the extra month we only made £10 mill profit and that was without last summers transfers included.

Or rather "We can, but FFP stops us from doing so"*

Still there are ways of bypassing FFP that the club have yet to try, way such as:

1: Getting other state owned companies from other UAE Emirates (Such as Emirates Airline) to sponsor us.

2: Having Girona buy players using additional funds (which will also be used to pay the resulting UEFA fines) from City Football Group and sponsorship from UAE state owned companies and then sell (at a low fee) or loan the players in question to City itself.

3: Have Abu Dhabi and Dubai based state owned companies/sovereign wealth funds invest into certain companies which then end up sponsoring City and Girona (using most of the proceeds of the investment in question)

4: Have property assets transfered from Abu Dhabi state owned companies to Man City itself, who can in turn sell such property (maybe even back to those same companies at inflated prices though offshore based fronts) to fund transfer fees and wages.

*I was aware of our latest financial figures (and the fact we have enough of a surplus to keep UEFA off our backs) and you what I was thinking? Why on earth can Man U justify that much more commercial revenue (the one area which they outclass us beyond doubt) when we have been at their level (or better) for 7 seasons now?

Except we are not in the club yet, although we are at the front of the line with PSG. Besides even if we were in it, we are not at the VIP section, which is where we need to be (and throwing other clubs out). So overall FFP is doing anything but helping us.
Have you looked around lately...and did you miss the last sentence.

If you think Mansour is EVER going to allow City to not eat at the top table again, you’re mistaken.

*I was aware of our latest financial figures (and the fact we have enough of a surplus to keep UEFA off our backs) and you what I was thinking? Why on earth can Man U justify that much more commercial revenue (the one area which they outclass us beyond doubt) when we have been at their level (or better) for 7 seasons now?

A £1M Profit is not exactly rolling in it, but it has been an expensive year...knowing the money that is coming!

As for the Man U commercial revenues, are you kidding???

Might be time to go back to talking about transfers.

A £1M Profit is not exactly rolling in it, but it has been an expensive year...knowing the money that is coming!

To be honest, it does not matter how much profit we make so long it keeps UEFA away from our finances. For me how we progress as a club and how much we are in debt (which is of course zero) matters more.

As for the Man U commercial revenues, are you kidding???

What about it? There is a gap between us and them of £57.5 million when it comes to commercial revenues (Which accounts for most of £107.6 milion revenue gap), what annoys me is if we increased the amount of money by £60 million from state owned companies based in Abu Dhabi (such as Eithad)
(to close that gap) then UEFA would be screaming that it was not "fair market value", yet they deam United's commercial deals to be as such despite the fact their record in both the league and in europe has been less sucessful than us in the last 7 seasons or so.

In other words if the definition of "fair market value" was fairly applied, we should be allowed to raise more commercial revenue than United. And before you ask, don't bring "number of fans" into this since it cannot really be accurately measured as much as competition/league results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.