Benjamin Mendy (Back In Training)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes agreed, but, my wild fantasies aside, I'm not playing competitive football which (along with Tennis) is among the highest stresses on an ACL. Look back at anyone with that injury (Gundogan included) and it is always 9 months minimum.
Fair point well made

He was superb offensively that day but it is no coincidence that it was Otamendi's worst performance of the season. He left him horribly exposed at times defensively until Mane went off.

It shows how well we are playing now because Delph just doesn't get up the pitch like he does so we have had to change the style a little to accommodate the change. Delph has played really well defensively though and proved me wrong as I didn't think he would be good enough week in week out.

Otamendi was playing v pace, in a back 3 that day in an early season game, & pisstaking aside, Liverpool are one of the best counter attacking sides in the country.

It was a huge gamble & imo unfair to ask Otamendi to cover such a large area, in a system which needs work, behind an attacking fullback, in a team which has barely played together. Not Mendy's fault imo, a gamble Pep got away with.

Agreed mate, I was able to squat with 280 kilo's within a few months of having mine done, but straight up and down isn't the problem, reflex, twisting and turning is, then there's the psychological issues and the propensity to protect the joint, I always maintain, if you've never had an ACL reconstruction, I don't think you can ever fully appreciate what the process actually entails.
Surely you mean pounds mate, either that or you are a competing powerlifter

Wouldn’t rush him back. He doesn’t have a great injury record by the look of it.

He was superb offensively that day but it is no coincidence that it was Otamendi's worst performance of the season. He left him horribly exposed at times defensively until Mane went off.

It shows how well we are playing now because Delph just doesn't get up the pitch like he does so we have had to change the style a little to accommodate the change. Delph has played really well defensively though and proved me wrong as I didn't think he would be good enough week in week out.
I may be in the minority but I don’t think Mendy was anything other than average when he played. Obviously he wasn’t up to speed coming back from his injury and joining a new team so I’m sure when he plays regular he’ll be solid. Was just a bit weak defensively imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.