FC United Thread

Actually I'll be in Gainsbrough watching FC United ;) Don't have a Sky box either, aside from anything else the thing is a right bloody rip off, rather watch live football anyway.

you better go well you can matey if the bottom falls out of fcum this season you may be watching salford city come may

Our club our rules isn't a fallacy. One of our rules is to enter competitions where we have to comply by their rules ;)

In all seriousness though there are only so many battles you can fight. I don't think anybody in 2005 expected to be able to do just about anything we wanted. The supporters make the rules for the board to adhere to but the club simply has to operate in a less than perfect (putting it mildly) system and there's no getting away from that right now.

Personally in the long term I'd like to see the supporter owned movement grow along with supporters direct and expand the current SD cup competition and eventually introduce more. Ideally you'd be able to tell the FA to do one and play in a supporter owned league but that's simply not viable right now and certainly isn't something FC United or anyone else for that matter can change overnight; if ever.

Rochdale was great, local derby, Friday night, good publicity and a nice financial bonus so was a no brainer with no down side. On the other hand Monday night football is shit so completely agreed with those wanting to show some opposition. We knew the FA could force our hand and if you found that amusing then fair enough but I think it highlighted just how much power TV broadcasters wheel in our game and that should set off alarm bells to all football fans not just FC fans. I can't imagine you guys are massively impressed when you have to play Southampton away on a Monday night? Or have you all stopped caring? It's a problem that affects us all. End of the day BT got the message and who knows they might not switch us to Monday again, at the very least it got people talking, not a lot more we could have achieved, except maybe a decent result but we failed there :)
It wasn't the game being shifted to the Monday that was laughed at but the grandstanding and media posturing that everyone knew were empty gestures, when deep down you were desperate for the TV cash. Without the FA Cup run last season, it is fair to say you'd be bust now and Pallet Park would be a white elephant.

Sky have never come knocking so your entire post is pretty invalid but sky are more than welcome to film our game and give us some cash providing it is of benefit to the club and it's supporters, just like any other broadcaster. Like many others you've made the mistake of believing that we've got a zero tolerance stance on being televised. I'd say it's an easy mistake to make but it's been explained so many times it should have hit home by now ;)

Lmfao ..... It's no mistake ... your club was formed by smacked arses ..... Sky/ESPN/BBC/BT/Disney/Comedy Channel whoever ... you bent over and took it. And you try and justify it here. Dress it any ay you wish, it's hypocrisy.

To quote an above question ... you are here trying to defend that shower of unwanted shite on a City forum ... Why?

I own the club ;) At a supporter owned club it's not difficult to have plenty of insight ;)

And no never believed him; he never said it so nowt to believe :)
So you go to every club meeting do you, receive minutes etc. You are full of bull though but you are mildly amusing for a rag even if you are a little on the simple side
What do you think Corbyn meant when he said he will deal with the issue of student debt. Every commentator took that to mean he would abolish student debt and prior to the election this was never corrected. Do what did you think he meant. As

Genuine life long football supporters do not turn their back on the club they love, they fight to put the wrong right.
Being a mouth piece as you are I'm sure you've got a reply.

I own the club ;)
You are one of around 3,000 co-owners. If the club went bust tomorrow you are not liable for any debts - but I imagine that you along with many others will have kissed away a hell of a lot of personal money invested into the club goodbye. It's a tragedy that so many of you fell for the scheming of the previous regime at the club (who ignored members wishes many times despite you stating the board act on members votes) who have taken a lot financially from the club and who put in very little themselves.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.