Phil Foden - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not, I'm hopeful he will get regular game time but I have no idea if that 'hope' will be fulfilled, until I actually see it start to happen.

Some game time v Feyenoord would be a good start.
Same here. When you look at our first team, and the difficulty Bernardo and Gundogan have in getting games, I don't see a progression path for him. The same goes for a lot of our young players. There's also Douglas Luiz who has been getting good reviews for Girona. We paid £10m for him.

Same here. When you look at our first team, and the difficulty Bernardo and Gundogan have in getting games, I don't see a progression path for him. The same goes for a lot of our young players. There's also Douglas Luiz who has been getting good reviews for Girona. We paid £10m for him.

Ha! Douglas Luis is definitely not getting good reviews from Girona, he barely plays and when he does it's not been good. A few people watched the Barca game when he was decent, since then he's been shite.

I know we'd all like to think Merlin is going to be with us forever, but I can honestly see Foden stepping up and filling the void when he eventually goes. Foden is going to be 21 in 2021. Hopefully he's happy to play the rotation game until then.

I know we'd all like to think Merlin is going to be with us forever, but I can honestly see Foden stepping up and filling the void when he eventually goes. Foden is going to be 21 in 2021. Hopefully he's happy to play the rotation game until then.

I'm sure he will be delighted to be rotated over the next few seasons, provided he does actually become a player who gets used for some first team games. He needs to soon start his professional career properly imo & be tested more often v senior players.

I notice Ady Boothroyd has mentioned Foden as a possible England U21 & so he should. But it just shows how these wankers work. If Foden was exactly the same player, but England had been knocked out in the first round, he wouldn't get a fucking sniff. He's in the media, because England won the tournament, & it's them who pick the England teams.

Well that nails him on as a starter then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.