International Matches | November 9th - 16th

It's not pointless, for those who've qualified and if the players for those teams were so bloody good, then they wouldn't have
been in the play-offs in the first place.

It is pointless, because if the standard of football has declined so much that the dullest Sweden and the fictional goal Panama are making it in whilst offering nothing but soundbite, then clearly it's only the pinnacle in name.

Seems as the world declines into the Trumpian Theresa era, football dies with it.

Football is City, everyone else is pretty naff.

Dullest Sweden?
Italy didnt score a goal over the 180 minutes.
Italy have a long long history of being one of the most boring national sides around.
I for one am glad they've missed out

It is pointless, because if the standard of football has declined so much that the dullest Sweden and the fictional goal Panama are making it in whilst offering nothing but soundbite, then clearly it's only the pinnacle in name.

Seems as the world declines into the Trumpian Theresa era, football dies with it.

It'll be the same as every other Euro/ WC, only worth watching when it gets to the knockout stages.
That is irrespective of the nations involved. Cup football is shit, when the aim is not to lose.
When you have to win, that's when it becomes more interesting. Anyway you a fervent Panama follower ?
They might be the surprise of the tournament.

Haha can't believe you have tried to lay some blame for Italy's dire football with Trump and May. Haha brilliant stuff. I blame Brexit myself !!

A World Cup without Italy just wont feel right.
When I think of those endless hours of boring Italian world cup games I have watched since 1982 I for one am glad they are not in it. I know there is a certain attractive style to their play but it is tedious to the extreme. Lets see some football played with endeavour. I know international football is on a bit of downturn at the moment but the goal scoring at world cups has always been at a premium and the Italians have had a lot to do with that. Maybe, just maybe, a world cup without Italy will be a better world cup.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.