International Matches | November 9th - 16th

Don’t mind Italy it will be a slightly poorer World Cup without them regardless what we think about their style of play,having said that it’s karma for me having broken my heart in 82 when they knocked the boys from Brazil out,and that cnut Rossi playing the games of his life then never to be repeated at club level ..

Saying a world cup will be pointless without Italy, Holland and Chile is like saying the premier league would be pointless without the scum, arsenal and the dippers.

End or era for Italy. Pirlo, Buffon, chilleni, rossi are retiring. Now new players should take over. They have been for for a while now. The best attacker they have produced is balottelli. It must change.

More defending, but less hitting ;-)
I believe international football is most of the time very cautious, so less risk less attacking and more defending. International games are boring much much boring than premier league. Few teams play well. Brazil, Germany, arzentina, Spain and in the past holland. These are the only good football playing teams. May be I have missed a few but the number is v v few.

I believe international football is most of the time very cautious, so less risk less attacking and more defending. International games are boring much much boring than premier league. Few teams play well. Brazil, Germany, arzentina, Spain and in the past holland. These are the only good football playing teams. May be I have missed a few but the number is v v few.

Indeed, backed up by the six 0-0 draws in a row in World Cup play off matches over the last few days. Boring

Like many, I suspect, sorry for Buffon, not sorry for Italy. Positively hated the way they won the WC in 2006 (but then, I was unashamedly biased in favour of France).
More generally, what strikes – and has struck – me for decades, is how generally closed-in and autarchic Italian football is. They've never had a foreign manager for their national team. Ok, fair enough, England are probably the exception in having had one. So, nothing unusual about that. But how many foreign managers have been successful in Serie A? Mourinho, and then I'm struggling to think of anyone else. How many top-level Italian players have played abroad, in any league, in recent times? How many top-level players from other countries in their own league? They're mad about football, it really is a religion over there, but they don't seem to have developed along with the other major leagues in Europe.

By the way, perhaps I should add that I've been to Italy on a number of occasions, speak serviceable Italian, and am very fond of the country. So it's not about that.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.