Sterling Penalty - Wenger will face no charge for his comments.

He's had a pop at the refs here again. Raz plays on their naivety apparently. Mourinho would get six months in jail for it.

Brings home how classy pep is, no situation would garner a reaction like this from him. When we were getting shafted by officials last year he blamed himself. "It's my fault, I need to learn the rules". He is a gentleman.

He's had a pop at the refs here again. Raz plays on their naivety apparently. Mourinho would get six months in jail for it.

Brings home how classy pep is, no situation would garner a reaction like this from him. When we were getting shafted by officials last year he blamed himself. "It's my fault, I need to learn the rules". He is a gentleman.
I took Pep's comments to be a bit of scathing sarcasm, as in "the refs over here are a bunch of useless ****s but I'd better not say so explicitly."

He is a Gentleman. He also has a sarcastic humour that goes over the heads of Riley and co. Too subtle for them.

I think 'universally vindicated' is an ever so slight exaggeration frank

A number of ex-pros came out in his defence, notably on MOTD, but the continued airing of whinger's views has been the overwhelming narrative for over a week

Well I did say vindicated and universally supported in the press but you are right I could have exaggerated this slightly as I am sure there will be one or two outliers.

I think his views are getting an airing as there so out of context to the reality, hence they become even more newsworthy. Right and wrong has been determined in this case so he is only further destroying his own credibility.

I took Pep's comments to be a bit of scathing sarcasm, as in "the refs over here are a bunch of useless ****s but I'd better not say so explicitly."
Oh I know that, but there are ways of saying things without saying them.
Nobody could be offended, he got his point across. Subtext was there for all to see.

Le Arse doesn't really do subtext or satire. Except that at this stage he is a parody of himself

Well I did say vindicated and universally supported in the press but you are right I could have exaggerated this slightly as I am sure there will be one or two outliers.

I think his views are getting an airing as there so out of context to the reality, hence they become even more newsworthy. Right and wrong has been determined in this case so he is only further destroying his own credibility.
I believe you have too much faith in the man on the Clapham omnibus, or can't see things through their perspective.
You know that wenger is lying and that was reported my some and the penalty shown as genuine at the time and shortly after the game.
However the narrative since then has wenger airing his views, unfettered and without journalistic comment on an number of platforms including our national broadcaster.
To the average man in the street it has been a steady remainder of sterling being a diver and hence a cheat, something he is profotgood at. No comment about wenger being a dick. We know he is, others know he is, but there the ones with a vested interest in the incident.
Other more mortal beings have just been fed the drip drip of soma to soothe their nerves that sterling is a adiver and City cheat their way to home victories cf Sean Dyche.

I do find it remarkable that he's allowed not once but TWICE to question the integrity of Sterling without any rebuke. Not only that but the penalty was stonewall!

I genuinely hope Pep brings it up in the presser and puts him in his place. Not that it should be Pep whop is forced to defend him. The club should issue a formal statement IMO and the PFA should be speaking out. Wenger is a disgrace.

I do find it remarkable that he's allowed not once but TWICE to question the integrity of Sterling without any rebuke. Not only that but the penalty was stonewall!

I genuinely hope Pep brings it up in the presser and puts him in his place. Not that it should be Pep whop is forced to defend him. The club should issue a formal statement IMO and the PFA should be speaking out. Wenger is a disgrace.
Wouldn't have hugely bothered me if he'd just said it was a dive and not a pen. People could have just looked at the incident and realised that Wenger is talking shit. It is the fact that he has effectively said that it is something Sterling does regularly that bothers me. I don't think it is true and it is an awful thing to say about a player. There are players like Ashley Young around where serial diving is a part of their game but rarely, if ever, do managers come out and say someone like that. To come out and say it so overtly, twice, about a player who doesn't particularly even dive any more than anyone else is unforgiveable. Raheem gets enough stick from all angles for fuck all as it is and you just know that the majority of people in England will eagerly accept Wenger's accusations because it will suit the narrative most of the country have already. It's not on, it's bordering on slander and just fining him isn't enough IMO, he should be made to publicly retract them.

Amazing he was not this upset with our incorrectly disallowed goal in the FA Cup semi final or some of the recent penalty shouts for handball we have been denied against them and the 2 fouls unpunished leading to their 2 goals in a draw at theirs the other season. Wish just 1 reporter would ask him for his comments on these incidents

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.