International Matches | November 9th - 16th

Scotsman, Welshman and Irishman walk into a pub.......
....to watch England in the World Cup

Yup,that's 5 times now in a row,to Ireland's 1,and for the record NI 0,Scotland 0 and the super team over in the corner Wales 0,so will the pundits /media finally get behind them this summer,doubt it,but so what we are there !

England do not have a footballing identity at the moment. They do not appear to have a way that they play. Do you want to play the pressing game or do they want to play a typical English 100mph type game. They are between the 2 and until they decide on a way of playing they will be rubbish. I don’t support England so from a neutral I can say that they were dreadful last night as it looked like they did not know what the tactics were

It's probably been mentioned, but Rony Lopes made his debut for Portugal last night. He's having a very good season for Monaco so far, £9 million looks like a bargain.

England do not have a footballing identity at the moment. They do not appear to have a way that they play. Do you want to play the pressing game or do they want to play a typical English 100mph type game. They are between the 2 and until they decide on a way of playing they will be rubbish. I don’t support England so from a neutral I can say that they were dreadful last night as it looked like they did not know what the tactics were

The same can be said from loads of International teams though at present,a transition period as they call it is happening with loads of,especially,European nations,but dreadful or not,a few youngsters.at last,have been thrown into the mix for a change,and we go to Russia this summer full of optimism and pride,until we lose 1-0 to Egypt in opening group game,then the slating can begin

If that had been a competitive game we’d have a lot more first team regulars, instead we had a youth team play pretty well and create chances against Brazil.
Let’s face it, doesn’t matter who players are, who the manager is and even our performances - they’re always going to get slagged off - it’s our English mentality

Nothing to do with our English mentality mate more to do with our emphasis on workrate rather than skill.
If we played well then we would get the plaudits but seriously do you reckon England have a chance in Russia?
Every time we play somebody who can actually dictate the tempo and are comfortable on the ball we can only respond by upping the workrate.
Some of the younger players look quite good but will soon have the flair replaced by the work hard ethic which dominates the English game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.