Manchester City & Welsh players

who do you think is the best welsh player to play for city??

anybody that would be good enough to get into the current side??

Hard to say definitively, as I never saw him play - surprisingly enough - but I would have thought that Billy Meredith must be in with a shout.

It has been suggested that Billy was football's first superstar.

Hard to say definitively, as I never saw him play - surprisingly enough - but I would have thought that Billy Meredith must be in with a shout.

It has been suggested that Billy was football's first superstar.
yeah from what i have researched on him he was an amazing player. you must be to be able to play with a toothpick in your mouth!

I know rhys days father quite well as his dad Kevin is a regular in the power tool company I work for. Rhys is from the town that I now live in. I remember him vaguely when he was a youth player at Cardiff city. He was very gifted and it was quite big news when man city came in for him. Even though city were nowhere the club they are now!! We used to chat about rhys going up to city and his dad was quite proud, even though he was a united fan himself! Shame it never worked out for him.
His brother ryan isn't a too shabby professional snooker player either!
what happened to Rhys? why didnt he progress?

Roy Paul. No other Welsh MCFC player comes close. Captain in the Cup Finals in 1955 and 1956 and one of City's best-ever full backs from any era and probably the second best ever captain after Kompany. Came from Newport I think, lorry driver, and had a spell playing in South America (which got him into some kind of legal trouble with the F.A.?)
Yeah he went to Colombia because they paid more and wouldnt have to pay a transfer fee. Only lasted 10 days there because the conditions were appalling apparently, then Swansea put him on the transfer list and Swansea snapped him up! He came from the Rhondda

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.