Zimbabwe

Out of the frying pan and into the fire for that country if Mugabe gets ousted, the incumbent is just as bad if not worse than he is, the coup is all about stopping his wife gaining control of the country when he does finally pop his clogs or steps down.... Such a shame, that country had everything at one time but corruption has destroyed it almost beyond repair...!

I worked with a Zimbabwean for a short period around ten years ago
She said that Mugabe was a good President until he married his second wife and it was her influence that really corrupted him

It sort of ties in with why this coup has taken place
Mugabe was going to hand over the Presidency to her and Zimbabwean's aren't having it

I worked with a Zimbabwean for a short period around ten years ago
She said that Mugabe was a good President until he married his second wife and it was her influence that really corrupted him

It sort of ties in with why this coup has taken place
Mugabe was going to hand over the Presidency to her and Zimbabwean's aren't having it

Agreed, his first wife kept him in check to some extent and the handover was going relatively smoothly by all accounts, once she was out of the picture it went downhill rapidly and got to the state it is in now, ie from the bread basket to the cesspit, the country needs a moderate leader prepared to cooperate with the rest of the world before its too late...! Corruption is a byword for many African countries but Mugabe has taken it to a new level which wont be easy to rectify...! I'm no scholar regarding this but my old boss was from there and lost everything during those dark days, he used to spend hours telling all about it, obviously I kept him talking as long as I could ;-) very Interesting stuff though.

Last edited:
Mugabe cant be all bad he was awarded China’s Confucius peace prize in 2015 ,and wasn't he going to be a peace envoy for someone or other,and his middle name is Gabriel

also In 1994, Queen Elizabeth II bestowed an honorary Knight Commander of the Order of the Bath

Big fly in the ointment, China wields big influence in Zimbabwe. They seem to be taking Africa over.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.