Zimbabwe

I lived an hour from the Zim border for nearly 5 years in South Africa and visited Zim numerous times and it can’t be put into words what has happened in that country under the so called leadership of that **** Mugabe and his hanger on’s!

Hopefully this will be the change needed but sadly it won’t be as yet another despot takes the reigns and lives a life of luxury whilst citizens live in abject poverty and they do nothing but blame the west for all that is wrong.

The purge of farmers from their land has done for them and similar is now happening in South Africa!
When I was working in Capetown in the mid 80s the site manager used to relate the story of how as a youngster his father took him into modern Rhodesia to see the ruins of ancient Zimbabwe and how he could now go to Zimbabwe and see the ruins of modern Rhodesia.

I lived an hour from the Zim border for nearly 5 years in South Africa and visited Zim numerous times and it can’t be put into words what has happened in that country under the so called leadership of that **** Mugabe and his hanger on’s!

Hopefully this will be the change needed but sadly it won’t be as yet another despot takes the reigns and lives a life of luxury whilst citizens live in abject poverty and they do nothing but blame the west for all that is wrong.

The purge of farmers from their land has done for them and similar is now happening in South Africa!

I've literally only just heard about the farmer situation, shocking silence from the western world. The inability to criticise anyone who isn't white or in your face mental ( Kim jong un ) is hindering any genuine dialogue in places like this.

Mugabe cant be all bad he was awarded China’s Confucius peace prize in 2015 ,and wasn't he going to be a peace envoy for someone or other,and his middle name is Gabriel

also In 1994, Queen Elizabeth II bestowed an honorary Knight Commander of the Order of the Bath
And had it taken away a decade ago.

He has been protected by Western goverments who turned a blind eye to his atrocities and continued to do buisness with him and the rest of the corrupt hanger oners .Looks like nothing will change though just swopping one dictator for another

Mugabe cant be all bad he was awarded China’s Confucius peace prize in 2015 ,and wasn't he going to be a peace envoy for someone or other,and his middle name is Gabriel

also In 1994, Queen Elizabeth II bestowed an honorary Knight Commander of the Order of the Bath

The country was in a good state from the 80s to 90s but like someone said it all went downhill when he married Grace.

I visited Zimbabwe several times in the 90s. A spectacularly beautiful country with lovely people. It had some problems all right but was still better off than most of its neighbours who they were supplying with food. The breadbasket of Africa may sound like a cliche but it was true.

Then in the early 2000s everything went to shit with confiscation of white owned farms without compensation. They were handed out to Mugabe's cronies who had no clue how to run them and simply ran them into the ground. Not only were the farmers chased out but their many employees were thrown out of work. Many of the farms were such big employers that they had a school and even a medical centre on the land.

Cue a catastrophic drop in foreign exchange earnings and Zimbabwe being reduced to rely on food aid but unless you were a card carrying member of ZANU-PF you were given nothing. Then there was hyper inflation and all the crooked elections which have been well documented.

Such a shame that a country with such genuinely huge potential has been royally fucked up by a murderous megalomaniac and his cronies (including his current wife).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.