Peter Drury replaces Martin Tyler on Sky Sports

Whether he's a rag or not, he's so fucking biased towards them he might as well be on their payroll.

Yep. It's bad now but just imagine how bad it would have been if Sky were actually allowed to buy them out in 1999. Doesn't bear thinking about.

Confirmation bias?

As a network announcer, you're supposed to be neutral - but when a goal is scored, or when there's a fantastic passage of play - you need to show excitement - after all, you (the announcer) are excited - and moreover - you need to express that excitement towards fans.

For me, Tyler is neutral - the fact that United were so dominant up until our first title win simply means that he'll have had much more opportunity to correctly get emotional over a goal or great passage of play that just happened to be for United - it's not that United has done something great - it's that something great has occurred.
=======
This sort of dislike towards announcers who express emotion over exciting passages of play isn't confined to football - in the USA, Joe Buck, who I think is an excellent announcer, is roundly hated in baseball circles for supposed bias, just because he expresses emotion when exciting on-field moments occur.
========
Case in point - let's consider our P/L title win under Mancini.

A hypothetically biased Tyler - announcing Aguero's goal -
"City fortunate to draw level... Ballotelli on the ground... passes to Aguero... Goal! City Escape! How unfortunate for United!!!"
=====================
In contrast, Tyler's actual call is...

"It's finished at Sunderland.
Manchester United have done all they can.
That Rooney goal, was enough for the three points.
Manchester City are still alive here.
Balotelli!...
AguerOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

I SWEAR YOU'LL NEVER SEE ANYTHING LIKE THIS EVER AGAIN!

SO WATCH IT! DRINK IT IN!"

Hands down the best call in world football I've ever, ever heard/watched.

Is this really a call from a closet United fan?

Last edited:
Confirmation bias?

As a network announcer, you're supposed to be neutral - but when a goal is scored, or when there's a fantastic passage of play - you need to show excitement - after all, you (the announcer) are excited - and moreover - you need to express that excitement towards fans.

For me, Tyler is neutral - the fact that United were so dominant up until our first title win simply means that he'll have had much more opportunity to correctly get emotional over a goal or great passage of play that just happened to be for United - it's not that United has done something great - it's that something great has occurred.
=======
This sort of dislike towards announcers who express emotion over exciting passages of play isn't confined to football - in the USA, Joe Buck, who I think is an excellent announcer, is roundly hated in baseball circles for supposed bias, just because he expresses emotion when exciting on-field moments occur.
========

"City fortunate to draw level... Ballotelli on the ground... passes to Aguero... Goal! City Escape! How unfortunate for United!!!"
=====================

Balotelli!...

Yes it is, he had no option to react any other way on that glorious day, he was swept along on a tide of emotion that has not and will not ever be repeated, so it does not excuse the twat from being so biased against City and so over the top about the rags in every other game. He is a snide twat too.. He is not a closet rag, he is an out and out rag supporter..! That's not being neutral...!

Yes it is, he had no option to react any other way on that glorious day, he was swept along on a tide of emotion that has not and will not ever be repeated, so it does not excuse the twat from being so biased against City and so over the top about the rags in every other game. He is a snide twat too.. He is not a closet rag, he is an out and out rag supporter..! That's not being neutral...!
I outlined an alternative call for a true United fan, to wit, the hypothetical call...

"City fortunate to draw level...
Ballotelli on the ground... passes to Aguero...
Goal!

City Escape!

How unfortunate for United!!!"
======
For me, Martin just reacts to the game - exciting stuff occurs - emotion follows.

In the 4-years-ago past, United have created most of the exciting moments - thus the preponderance of emotion over United.
======
Edit - If you think that Tyler's call of the Aguero goal was something that "he had no option to react any other way" - I agree - then, what option do you think he has when United does something good?

Last edited:
Confirmation bias?

=======
========

=====================

Balotelli!...

WTF is a “call”?
Do you mean commentary?

I outlined an alternative call for a true United fan, to wit, the hypothetical call...

"City fortunate to draw level...
Ballotelli on the ground... passes to Aguero...
Goal!

City Escape!

How unfortunate for United!!!"
======
For me, Martin just reacts to the game - exciting stuff occurs - emotion follows.

In the 4-years-ago past, United have created most of the exciting moments - thus the preponderance of emotion over United.
======
Edit - If you think that Tyler's call of the Aguero goal was something that "he had no option to react any other way" - I agree - then, what option do you think he has when United does something good?
What he actually said was "Aguerooooooooooo NO!!, but had his hand over the mike when he uttered the final word.

Watch the dipper game at klanfield when Silva scores twice it will tell you all you need to know about this biased fucker.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.