The North... where is it?

I’d agree with you. To me, Derbyshire, Notts and Staffs are the northern-most Midlands counties and so the North starts just above them.

However, I’d be interested to know how anyone from those counties sees it. It does seem to be as much a psychological identity thing as a geographical boundary.

I’d agree with you. To me, Derbyshire, Notts and Staffs are the northern-most Midlands counties and so the North starts just above them.

However, I’d be interested to know how anyone from those counties sees it. It does seem to be as much a psychological identity thing as a geographical boundary.
I live in buxton i class that as the north

The northern tip of Derbyshire is further north than the centre of Manchester so those residing there have to be northerners.

Think this is a fairly good guess ....
MapJPG.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.