John Stones - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
So good of England to give him a rest over the International Break and not make him play 180 minutes.
I've always felt center backs didn't really need a lot of rest. As long as he doesn't pick up an injury I don't really mind him playing.

I feel the more John plays the better.

He is on a bit of a roll at the moment, his confidence is high, and coming off two good games with England - a rarity for central defenders in the English national team nowadays - will only add to his already improving game.

Had two very good games for England. I'm sure his confidence will continue to grow.

Last edited:
Amazing how in the media a £50m waste of money has turned into the Barnsley Beckenbauer in a matter of months , everybody is gushing over out team, manager , players etc., just wait when Stones makes an error or we draw a game , their tune will change , nothing more fickle than the British media , so i will take all the compliments with a pinch of salt. Stones has shown real progression since he has been working with Pep but he isnt the finished article , when he gets to Vinnies level at this peak , we know we have got a world class player on our hands , and he has all the attributes to be our centre back for the next decade.

I see he retained his accuracy when passing the ball during his last 2 England games.
Against 2 of the best teams in the world in Germany and Brazil maybe Pep´s faith in him can be truly seen to be correct.

I noticed the Italian press after the Napoli away game were also very complimentary.
Row Z rarely gets its share of defensive clearences these days in fact it was only last season I was shouting for a Dave Ewing type of defence rather than the tippy tap insistence on passing under defensive pressure we now expect and like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.