Women's team - Clinch Champions League spot with 3-0 win over Everton

There seemed to be a lot of Geordies posting messages on Facebook during that game ("Great save like", "Another good cross like", "What's the aggregate score like"). Must all be Jill Scott fans, I suppose.

There seemed to be a lot of Geordies posting messages on Facebook during that game ("Great save like", "Another good cross like", "What's the aggregate score like"). Must all be Jill Scott fans, I suppose.
Wye Aye !

TRMRMMGLPICT000024785117o.jpg

The first half was the most frustrating half I have seen the women play. Scottie through in the second minute and shoots at the keeper. I looked at the clock and on 12 mins we have had about four decent chances to bury the ball in the Norwegian net. The first time they get a sniff of our penalty area 50% of our half had been vacated by blue shirts and we were completely undone. Had we shown the same clinical finishing the half would have finished 4 or 5-1. But bugger me with a corner flag, the second half had no sooner started than we get the equaliser and then continue, bar the winner, as we performed in the first half.

I don't know whether Cushers instructs them that they must pass to all the back four before making a pass forwards but it drives me barmy! Four passes across the back where the ball travels about 200 yds and we advance five yards forwards. We need someone who demands the ball in midfield and makes direct tracks into the opposition half pronto. We wean witnessed a pass back to our goalie from five yards inside the Norwegian half!

Nothing seemed to be clicking. Claire Emslie, who had a very good game last time out, just didn't get much working for her tonight.

Looked to be a bad injury to Megan Campbell. As soon as she went down her hand was up indicating that she thought she had got more than a knock! Stretchered off. Eight minutes added! And the attendance was 700+!

Not sure if it was posted already, but the draw was earlier today. It is a tough one if they make it through the quarters. Go City.

Quarter-final draw: 21/22 & 28/29 March
1 Montpellier (FRA) v Chelsea (ENG)
2 Wolfsburg (GER) v Slavia Praha (CZE)
3 Manchester City (ENG) v Linköping (SWE)
4 Lyon (FRA, holders) v Barcelona (ESP)

Semi-final draw: 21/22 & 28/29 April

1 Montpellier/Chelsea v Wolfsburg/Slavia
2 Man. City/Linköping v Lyon/Barcelona

Final: 24 May – Valeriy Lobanovskiy Dynamo Stadium, Kyiv

Semi-final 1 v Semi-final 2

Not sure if it was posted already, but the draw was earlier today. It is a tough one if they make it through the quarters. Go City.

Quarter-final draw: 21/22 & 28/29 March
1 Montpellier (FRA) v Chelsea (ENG)
2 Wolfsburg (GER) v Slavia Praha (CZE)
3 Manchester City (ENG) v Linköping (SWE)
4 Lyon (FRA, holders) v Barcelona (ESP)

Semi-final draw: 21/22 & 28/29 April

1 Montpellier/Chelsea v Wolfsburg/Slavia
2 Man. City/Linköping v Lyon/Barcelona

Final: 24 May – Valeriy Lobanovskiy Dynamo Stadium, Kyiv

Semi-final 1 v Semi-final 2

Lyon are the best team in women's football by quite a long way, aren't they?

Won 4 of the last 7 CL's, including the last 2.

You'd imagine the winner of that semi-final will win the tournament.

Lyon are the best team in women's football by quite a long way, aren't they?

Won 4 of the last 7 CL's, including the last 2.

You'd imagine the winner of that semi-final will win the tournament.

True. Actually, we lost to Lyon in the semis last year. I really hope we defeat them this year. Lucy Bronze plays for them now too. It is tough, but who knows.

True. Actually, we lost to Lyon in the semis last year. I really hope we defeat them this year. Lucy Bronze plays for them now too. It is tough, but who knows.
and what a great player she is. im guessing Lyon are all of her standard,if so,it is a tough ask.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.