Vincent Kompany injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.
He always starts the season well.
Kolarov was also constantly rotated with Clichy. Didn't help either of 'em. As far as I'm aware he's playing regularly for Roma as a wing back. We occasionally played Kolarov as a wing back, and when that was the case he was usually a threat going forward. The flat back four didn't make the most of his strengths.

I

I disagree mate, get him on straight off the bat, keep a clean sheet whilst knocking a couple in at the other end then bring him off, job done..
Only play him if he's fit. If he's not fit, he'll over compensate and that can lead to problems. Fully fit - best on the planet both in terms of ability and leadership.

Yes, I think that logic is difficult to argue with. If not now, when? I just wouldn't play him for more than 45 minutes at the most. That means, of course, that you've got to bring someone else in to replace him. As others have suggested, Danilo could do a job there, so probably could Fernandhino. Even Mangala, possibly, will be less flakey with a solid back line playing round him, and above all a keeper in blistering form behind him. I'd like to try to fair to Mangala. I don't think he's a good footballer, nothing I've seen has made me think otherwise, but he has often been very exposed in the past with what he had next to him and behind him.

If he's been training and fit but Pep feels he can't turn to him with Otta out, when will he turn to him? He has to play and if Pep doesn't think he can be risked, it's pretty much over for Kompany.
We are coming to the crunch with Kompany I think. He hasn't played for about 6-7 weeks, and only returned to full training this week, but it is important that when he returns, he does not break down so I think City maybe a bit cautious. We'll want to know before the transfer window whether Kompany can be an effective player in our squad.

We are coming to the crunch with Kompany I think. He hasn't played for about 6-7 weeks, and only returned to full training this week, but it is important that when he returns, he does not break down so I think City maybe a bit cautious. We'll want to know before the transfer window whether Kompany can be an effective player in our squad.

It's a lot longer than 6-7 weeks. He got injured on 31st August which was 11 weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.