What is there new and worthwhile to do in Manchester?

I know what you mean. My studies were in maths and economics so, while I did go to the occasional gallery and show, I never really appreciated what I was seeing when I was younger. Or, if I did, it was for more of a technical reason.

Having been with my missus for coming on a decade now, being exposed regularly to the process and outcomes (she always has a studio in our home no matter where we go), I have a completely different appreciation and understanding of what I see. It’s something I hope everyone can experience.

Thanks for the recommendation, we’ll probably pay it a visit.

Her father is an architect, her sister a singer/songwriter, her brother is in a very successful band that has just signed a new record deal, and her other sister teaches fine arts at university...

So, no, there is nothing that can be done for me. ;-)

What band is he in?

Thanks to everyone who have made suggestions.

Any other recommendations for new, worthwhile activities/restaurants/sites that have sprung up over the last few years in or around Manchester?

My mate in N4 said something about that in passing the other day—I don’t recall it being a problem back 2013.

Has it really got that bad?
It' fucking desperate mate. I had a chat with a homeless guy and he said they had to close the Salvation Army shelter as the land had been sold. I remember a documentary on TV just a few years ago about homeless in Manchester and the police moving them on. Now it seems as there's money involved there' no where to move them on to, so they'e happy for them to sleep in shop doorways etc.

Thanks to everyone who have made suggestions.

Any other recommendations for new, worthwhile activities/restaurants/sites that have sprung up over the last few years in or around Manchester?
I brought some Canadians and Yanks across for a derby a couple of years ago. They loved the 'temple of convenience' and the 'grey horse'. Also enjoyed the traditional pubs around the northern quarter.

Mackie mayor is worth a visit
I had heard they had finally rennovated that place (only a matter of time with the direction of the land and retail market there) but hadn’t thought to look in to it for my return.

Any shop especially good?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.