General Videogame Thread

I'm getting into this Zelda breath of the wild game... I've played every Zelda in the past and have been easily bored of them after 2 hours, the constant hand holding through the games pissed me right off, and the one where the fairy keeps bugging you every 5 minutes destroyed that game for me.

BoTW though has been the first Zelda game that I've actually enjoyed playing, albeit the Assassin Creed tower thing is pretty annoying, amongst other things I've addressed. But besides that it's a good game, whether I put in 100 hours will be another question, but the puzzles are great and are a good bordem breaker (besides the motion control ones, which are just annoying)

Can anyone help me out with recomendations for good pc gaming sites to buy from and play.
I notice now that most games appear to be purchased by download for a heck of a lot cheaper than a hard copy.
How reliable is this service and who are the most dependable and affordable.
Imagine building up a collection of games to see the supplier go tits up.

I was just pricing up a few online and need doom 4 2016 and also counterstrike OS.
An outfit called cdkeys keep coming up the cheapest but how good are they.
Anyone any experiance of them.

And after downloading counterstrike os can I just play offline for practise first or do I have to join steam et valve or whoever.
Any info greatfully appreciated.

Steam, UPlay and Origin are all bang on the money for downloading games.

CDKeys also. They are usually a bit cheaper as well.

I am a huge PC gamer and haven't bought an actual hard copy for years.

I still tend to buy hard copies of games I really like/want... I'm a bit of a collector in that sense, I've noticed that PC hard copies are getting more expensive though. South Park FBW was £40 download or £40 hard copy for PC, normally the digital version is more expensive, but in most cases it's not like that any more, only console games are still like that now.

EA pulls in-game purchases from 'Star Wars: Battlefront II'
The launch of Star Wars: Battlefront II has been marred by controversy over the game's loot system. While players can earn bonuses like new heroes, equipment and vehicles by playing to earn credits that purchase loot crates, they could also buy more crates with "crystals" sold for real-world money. Predictably, the effect of this came off as allowing or encouraging players to pay to win, which has made gamers and even some regulators unhappy. Tonight, EA announced it's pulling the plug on all in-game purchases, as DICE GM Oskar Gabrielson said the company will "spend more time listening, adjusting, balancing and tuning."

At first the company tried making some heroes easier to earn, but clearly, that wasn't enough. Gabrielson says that the plan is for crystal purchases to return eventually, but it's difficult to see how that will be received well if players are still buying items that have a real impact. While the "digital deluxe edition" has already been playable for a few days, the game's worldwide launch is happening now -- let us know if this changes your decision to buy.

EA pulls in-game purchases from 'Star Wars: Battlefront II'
The launch of Star Wars: Battlefront II has been marred by controversy over the game's loot system. While players can earn bonuses like new heroes, equipment and vehicles by playing to earn credits that purchase loot crates, they could also buy more crates with "crystals" sold for real-world money. Predictably, the effect of this came off as allowing or encouraging players to pay to win, which has made gamers and even some regulators unhappy. Tonight, EA announced it's pulling the plug on all in-game purchases, as DICE GM Oskar Gabrielson said the company will "spend more time listening, adjusting, balancing and tuning."

At first the company tried making some heroes easier to earn, but clearly, that wasn't enough. Gabrielson says that the plan is for crystal purchases to return eventually, but it's difficult to see how that will be received well if players are still buying items that have a real impact. While the "digital deluxe edition" has already been playable for a few days, the game's worldwide launch is happening now -- let us know if this changes your decision to buy.
Guarantee they'll turn it back on once people start buying the game

Cheers Bob lad and thanks for the heads up.
CDkeys certainly appear cheaper and Counterstrike OG can be downloaded for £7.99.
That's incredible value but the Doom 4 2016 is even more so.
Retailing for a hard copy at £39.99 you can get it from the keys for £7.99.
There is a snag ?

Will the system spec of my recent upgrade cut the ice with Doom 4 or will I have to wait for the new one arriving.
Windows 7
8 gig ram ddr3
Amd A8 5600k processor.
1050ti ge force 4 gig

I can see the weak link is the processor but could I get away with it at less than 1080 and medium settings
I checked online and don't think the A8 comes up to anything like minimum required ?
If it's not possible what would be a low cost upgrade to the A8 that would play Doom 4 with the rest of the listed spec.
Cheers.

Guarantee they'll turn it back on once people start buying the game
Its an absolute mess at the minute. I dont blame Dice as ive heard EA forced this on to the game to make more money. I bet Disney have got involved in this as no way would they want the Star Wars franchise tarnished especially with the new film out next month.

The sad part of this is that ive played the trial and it has the potential to be a really good game but when someone has dropped £100 on lootboxes and then is just so overpowered and just wrecks everyone else it completely ruins the game.

Im more of a single player gamer(elder scrolls, fallout, witcher) and was thinking of upgrading to an Xbox One X but even single player games are being infested with microtransactions and DLC witch you have to buy to even finish the game or spend hundreds of hours grinding(see the new assassin creed and shadow of mordor games) Also there are strong rumours that Rockstar are going to put all this shit in the new Red Dead Redemption game. I'm seriously thinking of buying a Switch instead just so I can play quality single player games like Mario or Zelda.

I'll keep my xbox as I have a ton of games for it still but am very doubtful I'll buy another triple A game for that system again.

Its an absolute mess at the minute. I dont blame Dice as ive heard EA forced this on to the game to make more money. I bet Disney have got involved in this as no way would they want the Star Wars franchise tarnished especially with the new film out next month.

The sad part of this is that ive played the trial and it has the potential to be a really good game but when someone has dropped £100 on lootboxes and then is just so overpowered and just wrecks everyone else it completely ruins the game.

Im more of a single player gamer(elder scrolls, fallout, witcher) and was thinking of upgrading to an Xbox One X but even single player games are being infested with microtransactions and DLC witch you have to buy to even finish the game or spend hundreds of hours grinding(see the new assassin creed and shadow of mordor games) Also there are strong rumours that Rockstar are going to put all this shit in the new Red Dead Redemption game. I'm seriously thinking of buying a Switch instead just so I can play quality single player games like Mario or Zelda.

I'll keep my xbox as I have a ton of games for it still but am very doubtful I'll buy another triple A game for that system again.
Complete joke of a company, the only thing that surprises me is that people are still surprised by ea doing this kind of thing.
I'm back on the old 2005 battlefront since they've relaunched the servers and I'm having a blast

Up the windows to 10, more optimisation. add another 8gb of ram. Your processor should run it.

Thanks and I was going to do that but cost cutting came into play.
I will up the ram but not sure on windows 10.I really like 7 and it has a good feel to it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.