Greggs replace Jesus with sausage roll

Having said that, whoever devised this campaign is a plonker as it was bound to offend some people. Though we are rapidly approaching the point where anything offends someone, so maybe advertising will have to die.

Quite the opposite. Great publicity for Greggs

Things that are widely considered historically true about a man called Jesus at the time
There was a man called Jesus who was a Galilean Jew with known activities confined to Galilee and Judea.
He was baptized by John the Baptist.
He called disciples.
He had a controversy at the Temple andwas crucified by the Romans near Jerusalem.
After his death his disciples continued.
Some of his disciples were persecuted.

No proof exits he was born in a barn, so no reason to get upset over such a thing.

Though it is an important part of 2 gospels out of 4 (and countless others unrecognised)

Lasty as the nativity is considered idolatry in strict christian reality only catholics should be showing it so that's 4 million people to offend in the UK, though if like me they are lapsed I expect most have better things to worry about

Widely considered and historically true are completely different things. There are no actual records of anyone called Jesus being baptised, crucified or having disciples. Ignore any part of the bible as that was written from word of mouth. The Romans were meticulous record keepers but there is no mention of him. Anywhere.

What there is record of is Christianity.

If your offended by comments taking the piss out off the Christian faith, don't read a thread entitled
'Greggs replace Jesus with sausage roll'
Im
If your offended by comments taking the piss out off the Christian faith, don't read a thread entitled
'Greggs replace Jesus with sausage roll'
I’m shit at football so I thought I would emulate the other Jesus. A fisherman of men. Fucking hell it worked.

Take a gander at my post on page 4 of this thread mate ;)

Widely considered and historically true are completely different things. There are no actual records of anyone called Jesus being baptised, crucified or having disciples. Ignore any part of the bible as that was written from word of mouth. The Romans were meticulous record keepers but there is no mention of him. Anywhere.

What there is record of is Christianity.

Yup no physical evidence is available, but Roman scholars documenting at the time mention a man named jesus crucified by the prefect pilate and jewish historical record show a man was baptised by a man named john the baptised man was also called jesus.

Most historians accept that these event are probably true while others believe that this indicates a man named jesus existed in galalie around that time and had or was part of a group.

the son of god, miracles and all that religius guff there is no evidence of except the bible, but jesus was about.

more than likely he was some political activist who in a time of messianic delusion was then held up as something more.

Yup no physical evidence is available, but Roman scholars documenting at the time mention a man named jesus crucified by the prefect pilate and jewish historical record show a man was baptised by a man named john the baptised man was also called jesus.

Most historians accept that these event are probably true while others believe that this indicates a man named jesus existed in galalie around that time and had or was part of a group.

the son of god, miracles and all that religius guff there is no evidence of except the bible, but jesus was about.

more than likely he was some political activist who in a time of messianic delusion was then held up as something more.
0f1729b0549e898d2377b6417b92a6ca0e1667850ef0e2124206479b2b29df84.jpg

Sounds all very Life of Brian. A popular name in those parts, not Jesus, but Joshua. There is no mention of the name Jesus in any Roman texts, records, books, scrolls, pieces of paper, parchments, shopping lists...

Jesus the name is a later edition.

There was probably hundred's of Joshua's or whatever the origin was being baptised around that time, some of them might even be members of a group and a few might have been crucified, I say a few, because there has only been 1 body found that had been crucified during Roman/ Jesus's time. 1. That's it. Crucifixion only appears to be used in the minds of the writers of the book.

Sounds all very Life of Brian. A popular name in those parts, not Jesus, but Joshua. There is no mention of the name Jesus in any Roman texts, records, books, scrolls, pieces of paper, parchments, shopping lists...

Jesus the name is a later edition.

There was probably hundred's of Joshua's or whatever the origin was being baptised around that time, some of them might even be members of a group and a few might have been crucified, I say a few, because there has only been 1 body found that had been crucified during Roman/ Jesus's time. 1. That's it. Crucifixion only appears to be used in the minds of the writers of the book.
The calcified remains of a heel bone with a nail driven through it has been discovered, the victim is unknown.
Crucifixion was intended as a humiliation, as well as an agonising, prolonged death, the victims were usually
agitators against Roman authority, rather than common criminals.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.