Tesla Roadster 0-60 in 1.9 seconds

It may well be fine for some but, for instance, millions of people live in terraced property with no chance of access to a charging point at home so where do they go to charge up?

You're approaching it with a 2017 head not a 2030 head. It could be under road charging, or it could be hydrogen at existing fuel stations, who knows? It isn't going to be a case of extension leads, because that's not practical. The solution will be. Again, if you were in 1997 you'd have been saying mobile Internet wasn't feasible, indeed people did say that.

I used to own a 600hp AMG and given that probably 0-60 in maybe 4 secs it is very hard to imagine 1.9 secs.

Must be absolutely brutal !

Some of the fast start rollercoasters do that sort of acceleration. It's all about the torque, your AMG would have been behind off the line but competitive thereafter.

Wouldn't electric cars have a torque converter instead of a clutch ? Not something I've thought about before.

That's correct. Electric cars don't have clutches and that's why their acceleration is off the scale compared to standard petrol cars as there's no need to waste time going through the gear changes

Wouldn't electric cars have a torque converter instead of a clutch ? Not something I've thought about before.
The Tesla motor has reduction gears but torque is totally controlled by onboard SW

The Model S has already been a great hit in Nordic countries because of the zero tax in the main but also because the drive is completely controllable

There is no reciprocal momentum from an engine so regardless of the battery output and overall power, the power can be instantaneously switched off when needed therefore it is awesome in the snow and ice.. Add the D (Dual Motor) and you have an awesome motor

Know a bloke who's got 3 Tesla's recons his new one is 0-60 in 3 seconds and its crazy to see him drive it round a car park using his phone whilst stood next to you

Is there any point in developing driven cars for much longer though - how long till we all go driverless?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.