Confirmed: Most Ever Consecutive Wins in English Football History - MCFC

Must admit I'm counting it as a win, as most others are. But if we'd of lost on pens I'd of said our unbeaten run was still intact :)
Nah we wouldn't nobody would let us say that... they'd have made a point of saying we lost to lowly Wolves in big letters on the back pages... and the Wolves fans, well you get the picture.

Cup games are not the same as league games it's that simple, it's correct to treat league games as 90mins but not cup games as they don't have to be decided over 90mins(different rules, different criteria). No team who lifted a world cup got there by "drawing" a knockout game, the bookies are irrelevant that's about not having to pay out and we all know it.

I'm more bothered about the keeping our league game winning streak going personally, from a quick google we need 15 wins to beat the record(Arsenal).

Last edited:
Most consecutive wins and some fans still trying to play it down or discredit it.

Absolute weirdos some of our fans.

Technically he isn’t
WTF has "technically" good to do with it.

OK, so I exaggerated. Let me rephrased it: Our website is garbage.

Not in itself uniquely disappointing in that regard, but since the previous site was excellent and award-winning, to go from that to what it is now is depressing.

Are you suggesting it's a good , top class website ??
When TF did I say that? I am suggesting that “it is the biggest pile of garbage ever” is a bit fucking daft though. Ffs I have lived through creaney and conlon, clough and charvet, that’s more like it

Manchester City’s Carabao Cup win over Wolves last month counts as part of the Club’s winning run, a group of leading lawmakers and statisticians have confirmed.

City defeated Wolves 4-1 on penalties and established a new Club record of 12 consecutive victories.

That run has since been extended to 15 - but there have been suggestions the Wolves game should not be counted since it finished 0-0 after 90 minutes.

However, Football Historian Gary James recently contacted David Elleray, the Technical Director of the International Football Association Board (IFAB), the game’s leading law-making body.

And Mr Elleray confirmed that City’s shoot-out win over Wolves counts as part of a winning run of results. “Kicks from the penalty mark are a method of determining the winner of a match (or tie) when the scores are level,” he said. “If any team plays any match which required penalties and they win that 'event' they win the match.”

Stuart Barnes, editor of the Nationwide Football Annual, the longest-running statistical record of football, confirmed Elleray’s statement, saying: “I have spoken to Albert Sewell [Match of the Day’s official statistician for 37 years] and we both agree that Manchester City’s winning sequence is a bona fide record. City’s club record will certainly be mentioned in the next Annual’s review of clubs.”

Sky Sports football statistician James Wheeler says he is no doubt the result should count towards City’s club record. “It’s definitely a run of successive wins,” he said. “We count it. You won the tie and progressed to the next round. You can’t go through to the next round with a draw.”

And Mark Barber, Director of the Association of Football Statisticians, said: “we fully agree the game against Wolves should be regarded as Manchester City win.”

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.