Derby day ticket criteria

That's my only reservation about the points system as it stands.

In the interests of fairness I'd look at a 5 year rolling period.
So this year the points from 2012-13 onward would be valid but points before that would drop off.

agreed.

That's my only reservation about the points system as it stands.

In the interests of fairness I'd look at a 5 year rolling period.
So this year the points from 2012-13 onward would be valid but points before that would drop off.
I still think the people right at the front would be where they are but it would give other people (youngsters, people who had to take a break because they had kids, etc.) a chance of catching up.

General point, (not aimed at you mancitymick) Swansea away is still on open sale.
I'm pretty sure that 99% of people on 17K+ will already have their ticket for this one.
Valid points - Ref Swansea away. I am not going but not tied to money, so could easily buy a ticket and get the points and not go. But time away from work is another matter. Many will have different reasons. A rolling period i am a big fan of however needs to be introduced sooner rather than later because if you took the past 2 seasons of ticket sales it would not work

Not really.

2015-16 I increased 2200 points (54 out of 59 games).
2016-17 I increased 2180 points (53 out of 56 games).

So I'd say a 2000 point increase is easily doable, and not untypical.

That being said it's definitely harder to get tickets this year and I'm pretty sure it's the corporate effect.
I'm still fuming about missing out on Huddersfield and I'm surprised I got one for the swamp.
You really need to read what I said
The key word in the sentence being all.
Yes there are many like you, and me, who went to a lot of games
But not all do and not all will have gone up 2000 points

My points went up by 2120, my wife's by 2240, but like you we are not the run of the mill fans who have missed out

If you can't get a ticket you can't get points , so in the end you are pissing against the wind, it has all become irrelevant for a lot of blues concerning away tickets , a closed shop .

You really need to read what I said
The key word in the sentence being all.
Yes there are many like you, and me, who went to a lot of games
But not all do and not all will have gone up 2000 points

My points went up by 2120, my wife's by 2240, but like you we are not the run of the mill fans who have missed out

How would you feel about a five year rolling points system?

If you can't get a ticket you can't get points , so in the end you are pissing against the wind, it has all become irrelevant for a lot of blues concerning away tickets , a closed shop .

The points system is definitely a closed shop. It needs a complete overhaul including a ballot system.

Why would any 5 year rolling period matter. Are we saying everyone starts at zero on day one of the new 5 year period. Then it is first come first served from the ticket office. they cannot cope now

Why would any 5 year rolling period matter. Are we saying everyone starts at zero on day one of the new 5 year period. Then it is first come first served from the ticket office. they cannot cope now
I think the idea is that you lose any points from more than five years ago, but keep the rest.
So I'd lose the ones before 2012/13, which would be 7750 less than now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.