Derby day ticket criteria

The points system is definitely a closed shop. It needs a complete overhaul including a ballot system.
You and your mate have been going for years home and away and you have amassed the required points for always. We switch to a ballot system. You and your mate never get two tickets for an away for the same match. So you stop applying. Watch always on the TV. Ballot. Bollocks.

I think the idea is that you lose any points from more than five years ago, but keep the rest.
So I'd lose the ones before 2012/13, which would be 7750 less than now.

But you'd still be at the front of the queue (assuming a regular pattern of attendance) because everyone else would also lose their points before 2012/3.

And it would be much less daunting (and definitely not impossible) for someone who wants to play catch up, to do so.

You and your mate have been going for years home and away and you have amassed the required points for always. We switch to a ballot system. You and your mate never get two tickets for an away for the same match. So you stop applying. Watch always on the TV. Ballot. Bollocks.
That would be me I think.
Wife and I go to vast majority of aways. If we applied in a ballot and one got one then the other got a different game we'd end up just turning them down. Then not bothering going to Sunderland/Swanse mid week for the Carabou cup, or Swansea mid week in the league and instead of a smaller crowd it would be a pitiful crowd.

But you'd still be at the front of the queue (assuming a regular pattern of attendance) because everyone else would also lose their points before 2012/3.

And it would be much less daunting (and definitely not impossible) for someone who wants to play catch up, to do so.
I didn't say I was against it, I was just explaining to Mayo how we don't all reset to zero each year.

Agreed. Ballot. Bollocks.

Fuck a ballot. Just some clarity on how many are being released to fans with points would be nice. See what we're fighting against.

So you and your mates have "earned your points" then ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.