Tesla Roadster 0-60 in 1.9 seconds

When you say a huge charge for your own station, what do you mean? I've just been in Nissan and looking at the new Nissan Leaf and i have to say im extremely interested in it. Looks great inside, range 235 miles, they install a charge point at your house as part of the price, 150 bhp, no petrol fees ever again, no tax, decent size and fairly big boot. My only worry is lack of charging stations once you are out and about, but for me i work from home and don't do a lot of driving.

500 quid plus an electrician to do the job. An approved one. Not as expensive as I remember if I'm honest. You do need a driveway though as it goes where you park your car.

When you say its the biggest learning curve, what do you mean? In terms of charging it, way it drives? We spend about 120 a month on petrol yet we hardly go anywhere. Just a load of short journeys to school, nursery, shops etc, very rarely have to go on a journey more than 70/80 miles.
I mean that having an EV means a mind-shift because for a pure EV you cant simply fill when empty. You will become used to planning usage or planning charging up front.

Tesla systems really support the driver to locate and plan in charging stops and let's face it, if there is a supercharger en route then 20 minutes to top up is about the time it takes for a comfort break and a brew... If these stops are planned in (where needed) then the journey will have less driving in it while tired or in discomfort

I ordered the Model 3 when it was announced (as did around 400,000 others who put 1000 of their local currency down).. Like it or not it's the future IMHO

There is clearly an ethical or ecological issue at present because buy a Tesla for example and it was manufactured in the US, partly disassembled, then shipped (using fossil fuels) to the Netherlands and re-manufactured... then it would be transported to your local dealer (more fossil fuel)

You will also need to charge it (fossil fuel, wood or nuclear I guess)

I mean that having an EV means a mind-shift because for a pure EV you cant simply fill when empty. You will become used to planning usage or planning charging up front.

Tesla systems really support the driver to locate and plan in charging stops and let's face it, if there is a supercharger en route then 20 minutes to top up is about the time it takes for a comfort break and a brew... If these stops are planned in (where needed) then the journey will have less driving in it while tired or in discomfort

I travel up and down the M1, M25 a lot due to family being on the South Coast. It's a 200 odd mile round trip so it's feasible on one charge. Might have to re-think the next car we buy.

I ordered the Model 3 when it was announced (as did around 400,000 others who put 1000 of their local currency down).. Like it or not it's the future IMHO

There is clearly an ethical or ecological issue at present because buy a Tesla for example and it was manufactured in the US, partly disassembled, then shipped (using fossil fuels) to the Netherlands and re-manufactured... then it would be transported to your local dealer (more fossil fuel)

I am involved with their project on a daily basis but my own employer won't stretch to a Model S for my company car sadly

Yeah absolutely get what you mean and i think its just something that will take some getting used to and changing how you drive, but once you do get used to it it will just become second nature. Also as more and more people take the plunge i imagine the places to charge will dramatically increase. I was looking at the leaf just now and the display was great in terms of how your power is draining and also where the nearest chargers were on the sat nav. The 235 mile range is definitely a plus as well as thats always been the big turn off for me.

I travel up and down the M1, M25 a lot due to family being on the South Coast. It's a 200 odd mile round trip so it's feasible on one charge. Might have to re-think the next car we buy.
I met a guy at Tesla in West Drayton (Uxbridge / Heathrow area) who travelled twice a week from Glasgow to London with his Model S. He was on the old scheme with free charging for life to it was costing him the car price plus occasional tyres (servicing is included in the price of the car and there is no "up-sell" at all from Tesla, most of their service centres don't even take card payments or cash)

Er, yeah, by reducing the power. You do realise how tyres work, right?
I was on the tools for 20 odd years

Granted you will eat tyres if you use in "Ludicrous" mode all day but who would... Tesla have the control and delivery side sorted trust me so getting the power down will be less of a challenge than with a heat engine.... There is no reciprocal energy to counteract so power is infinitely more controllable than in a conventional car

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.