Tesla Roadster 0-60 in 1.9 seconds

I was on the tools for 20 odd years

Granted you will eat tyres if you use in "Ludicrous" mode all day but who would... Tesla have the control and delivery side sorted trust me so getting the power down will be less of a challenge than with a heat engine.... There is no reciprocal energy to counteract so power is infinitely more controllable than in a conventional car

Since my post was specifically talking about full power launches and not normal driving, you're arguing with an empty room!

The quarter mile time of 8.8 seconds is very impressive, 0.8 seconds faster than the Dodge SRT Demon. Indeed, impressive tech. But let’s face it, the Tesla is nothing more than a super-expensive toy until the price comes way down. And there is no free lunch. Down the road power plants will need to be built before these can be adopted en mass. Power plants cost a lot and take a long time to construct.

Once we all move to electric vehicles then the government will up the price of electricity and charge us more to use charging stations. Inevitably they will end up the same or more expensive to use than an economical diesel car. No such thing as a free lunch.

My PCP deal finishes next September on my Qashqai 1.6 DIGT. Thinking about the leaf 2.0. There are charging stations at work and would have one at home as well. The single pedal would need a bit of time adjusting to.

Can someone explain to me where this sudden emergence of electric vehicles will find places to plug into when they need a charge?

There will be all those derelict petrol stations that can be converted to charging points for a start.

My PCP deal finishes next September on my Qashqai 1.6 DIGT. Thinking about the leaf 2.0. There are charging stations at work and would have one at home as well. The single pedal would need a bit of time adjusting to.
Ive just been in the local Nissan showroom and got the brochure for the new 2018 model out in Jan and i like the look of it a lot. Decent size compared to a lot of the other current available electric cars. They will be available for test drive in Jan, so holding off changing mine till then.

My concern is what state the battery will be in if you buy a second hand car ? If you have one on a PCP then you are not gonna worry, but when that car is sat on a second hand car dealership forecourt and your kicking it's tyres you will have no idea how the battery has been used in the past . Has it been plugged in all the time to condition the battery? or has it been charged up on the go using the cars engine to recharge it all the time ? The guy in the sheepskin coat will tell you it's in fantastic condition of course !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.