Phil Foden - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Truth is, the only footballers who have had a career curtailed by an early start are the likes of Rooney, Owen or Fowler who were undroppable first team members at 17/18.

No one is suggesting that so your entire "too much too soon" argument is rubbished. 10 appearances of the bench in the league and half a dozen cup games are not going to do any harm.
I remember when slur alex came south after being at Aberdeen he had quite a few young footballers who he had burned out through playing them too much at a young age, he was quite a bit more circumspect with young talent at the swamp.

IF there is any good loan offer, he should go.

Playing regularly for 1st team in Scotland, Holland or Spain is more beneficial than training with the world best players.

Scholes was done by 30 was he?

The bastard won 5 league titles, 1 Fa Cup, 2 League cups and the Champions League and played 303 games in his 30's.

Tell me how done Gareth Barry was at 30 as well? Started playing at 17. 250 games after 30.
Frank Lampard? Started playing at 17. 348 games after 30.
Ryan Giggs? Started playing at 18. 420 games after 30.
Gerrard? Started playing at 18. 220 games after 30.

Truth is, the only footballers who have had a career curtailed by an early start are the likes of Rooney, Owen or Fowler who were undroppable first team members at 17/18.

No one is suggesting that so your entire "too much too soon" argument is rubbished. 10 appearances of the bench in the league and half a dozen cup games are not going to do any harm.

It's just another excuse for people looking for reasons to not use him.
Great post and I do think we need to blood this guy and try to promote him. Otherwise we run the risk of raising the bar at the academy so high that only players of the calibre of Messi will make it into the first team. Why have an academy if that is the case?

Pep says Phil Foden is "part of the group" and "training with us every day". Confirms he will not be loaned out in January as he has "all the skills" to play a part this season.

Pep says Phil Foden is "part of the group" and "training with us every day". Confirms he will not be loaned out in January as he has "all the skills" to play a part this season.
Pep keeps saying this.

I am waiting for him to actually play the kid.

Scholes was done by 30 was he?

The bastard won 5 league titles, 1 Fa Cup, 2 League cups and the Champions League and played 303 games in his 30's.

Tell me how done Gareth Barry was at 30 as well? Started playing at 17. 250 games after 30.
Frank Lampard? Started playing at 17. 348 games after 30.
Ryan Giggs? Started playing at 18. 420 games after 30.
Gerrard? Started playing at 18. 220 games after 30.

It's just another excuse for people looking for reasons to not use him.

Scholes, Beckscum and Chuckle snr were not regulars at 17-18 they played the odd league cup game, it was only when they reached 20 that they became regular first-team starters. To be a regular at 17 you have to be something truly exceptional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.